• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

It's 3 bad games in his last 6 starts, the Phillies got him pretty good. He also didn't do great in relief against the Phillies later that series either.

His last 6 games are from the past 2 years. Four games against the Cards and two against the Barves. Only 2 of those were bad performances, hilariously bad. The other 4 starts were good.

I'm not going to count 2009 and before against him when he wasn't in his prime. He'll be 27 next season. There is still plenty of time for him to win the WS. I'll judge him in that area when his career is done. If he continues to disappoint there will be nothing left to discuss.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
His last 6 games are from the past 2 years. Four games against the Cards and two against the Barves. Only 2 of those were bad performances, hilariously bad. The other 4 starts were good.

I'm not going to count 2009 and before against him when he wasn't in his prime. He'll be 27 next season. There is still plenty of time for him to win the WS. I'll judge him in that area when his career is done. If he continues to disappoint there will be nothing left to discuss.

I had forgotten he pitched twice in that ATL series, which is why I had went back to include the Phillies to get the 6th start. Such an easy thing to casually dismiss postseason Braves games!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
1 ) Nobody wants BJ Upton ... you guys don't even want him!
2 ) I don't think Evan Gattis alone could get Walker or Paxton alone.

Can Gattis even play the outfield ... like seriously? Seems like a destined DH stuck in the NL!

Maybe we could trade a tier 2 pitcher like uh ... Tyler Pike or Luis Gohara ... something in that vein ... and maybe Michael Saunders since the M's seem deadset on trading him.
Gattis can play in the outfield, yes.

Kershaw is amazing but I'll take the 3 WS' to the 3 CY's. Plus Timmy has won 2 somewhat recently. I would love Kershaw to be on the staff though. 2 power lefties back to back. Makes me hard just thinking about it.

It really is too bad he's stuck with that silly Dodgers team. He's about the only guy I respect out of that bunch and would love for him to be on our staff. At the very least we won't pitch him until his arm falls off. :p

JDeluis

Ahem, I'm not complaining, I'm reveling in the Dodger fanbase being annoyed! Please continue the rants!

A minor detail I'm sure!

You're team just won a World Series. Something your fanbase says is all that matters. Yet because Kershaw won MVP and no one is talking about the Giants all of you are on mission to belittle Kershaw accomplishment in the regular season. Kershaw is just 26 years old, he has plenty of time to win a ring. If he doesn't accomplish that in his career, you can talk trash all you want.

You're team just won a World Series. Something your fanbase says is all that matters. Yet because Kershaw won MVP and no one is talking about the Giants all of you are on mission to belittle Kershaw accomplishment in the regular season. Kershaw is just 26 years old, he has plenty of time to win a ring. If he doesn't accomplish that in his career, you can talk trash all you want.
This is a battle you can't win right now. Trust me. Our time will come.

Ya I know. It's either I argue with him or we argue about ketchup. And we brothers need to stick together at the moment.
Forget about the ketchup wars right now! We live in dark times at the moment. Those hippies up north have all the gold. If us Dodgerbros stick together, we can bring light to this growing darkness filled with panda hats and snot rockets.

XiaNaphryz

Yet because Kershaw won MVP and no one is talking about the Giants all of you are on mission to belittle Kershaw accomplishment in the regular season. Kershaw is just 26 years old, he has plenty of time to win a ring. If he doesn't accomplish that in his career, you can talk trash all you want.

Please, I can trash talk all I want now! I still recall how Dodger fans loved to give Lincecum the "lol, too bad you're stuck on a crap team that won't go anywhere" treatment when he won his CYs. And it's not just Giants fans giving Kershaw a hard time, I'm just jumping in to pour more salt in while I can before the Dodgers do somehow manage to win in the postseason.

Enron

Banned
5:14pm: Jon Heyman of CBS Sports hears that the $300MM+ deal being discussed could span as long as 12 years (Twitter link). That deal would run through Stanton’s age-36 season.

300m for Stanton? ??? ? ?

i said gotdam

Drunk driving is pretty much the norm in dr, but he's still a dumbass for doing it.

Which is so fucking idiotic. Driving sober is dangerous enough.

that and the awful, awful roads. *sigh*

It's probably an intimidation thing. You gotta be a real sick bastard to do that. Scares batters.

it's disgusting and doesn't consider the other starting pitcher.

This is a battle you can't win right now. Trust me. Our time will come.

no, we must destroy the San Francisco scourge.

BFIB

Cards sign Dean Anna, middle infielder to a major league contract. I think this means the end of Descalso in a Cards uni.

They are also discussing moving MCarp out of the leadoff spot, and into either the 2 spot, or 3 spot. Then who hits leadoff!?

Cards sign Dean Anna, middle infielder to a major league contract. I think this means the end of Descalso in a Cards uni.

They are also discussing moving MCarp out of the leadoff spot, and into either the 2 spot, or 3 spot. Then who hits leadoff!?

Probably Jay. Wong would be the perfect leadoff hitter, but not sure his OBP is good enough yet.

aFIGurANT

Sauce?

My old man is always saying that Carp should be hitting second. I think he was on that bandwagon before '14. It makes a lot of sense to put Wong ahead of him if A) Wong can get on base (so like take a walk once in a while). and B) Carp goes back to hitting 50+ doubles in a year.

Either way that would speak to MM maybe being shaken up by Mo a bit since until now it's seemed like Carp was stuck there for perpetuity.

XiaNaphryz

Yasmani Tomas deal with unknown team 'imminent'

The hour is approaching.

Yasmani Tomas, the latest Cuban prospect to be coveted by multiple Major League teams, will apparently be making a decision on where to sign very soon.

Source: Yasmani Tomas scheduled to fly to US tomorrow to meet with agent. Deal appears imminent, possibly by the weekend.
— Jorge Arangure (@jorgearangure) November 13, 2014

Tomas has been courted by the Royals, Orioles, Giants and A's, but the frontrunners have generally been considered to be the Phillies, who met with his agent earlier this week.

The team has refocused its efforts into rebuilding a youthful core, and a power-hitting 24-year-old outfielder with "way more power than (American League Rookie of the Year) Jose Abreu," according to his agent, would be a key cog in that process.

Tomas' Cuban numbers over five years have him with a .290 batting average and .504 slugging percentage. In the World Baseball Classic with Cuba, he punched two home runs and hit .375.

His deal was estimated early on to be in the range of $100 million, giving the Phillies an advantage over smaller market teams.

Syrinx

Phillies get young Cuban slugger and give up nothing, Mets get an injury-prone outfielder in his mid-30s and give up a first round pick.

FUCKIN' A!

BFIB

Sauce?

My old man is always saying that Carp should be hitting second. I think he was on that bandwagon before '14. It makes a lot of sense to put Wong ahead of him if A) Wong can get on base (so like take a walk once in a while). and B) Carp goes back to hitting 50+ doubles in a year.

Either way that would speak to MM maybe being shaken up by Mo a bit since until now it's seemed like Carp was stuck there for perpetuity.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...cle_b1f97822-50d7-5170-ac87-d335c25d481b.html

I'd be OK if Jay leads off. But MCarp sees so many pitches, it sets the tone for him to get on base. Problem is, he is left there because the big bats dont' do much.

Top Bottom