• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I guess yeah. He strikes out and loses the world series...something like that

MLB needs to promote these players a lot better where its not just Subway and Detroit endorising players lol

It's hard to run endorsements with baseball players because of the regionalism of the sport, and the fact that no one knows what they look like without hats or helmets on.

It's hard to run endorsements with baseball players because of the regionalism of the sport, and the fact that no one knows what they look like without hats or helmets on.

Yup. Mike Trout or Clayton Kershaw could probably walk around main street of your home town and very few people would likely stop them. Same probably can't be said for LeBron James or Peyton Manning. Jeter was probably the one guy who was the exception and he's gone and it doesn't seem like anyone will take his spot in that regard.

CygnusXS

Additionally, baseball players are pretty boring. On the field, "old school" conservatism prevents any personality from shining through, and off the field, well there's not usually a lot going on there.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yup. Mike Trout or Clayton Kershaw could probably walk around main street of your home town and very few people would likely stop them. Same probably can't be said for LeBron James or Peyton Manning. Jeter was probably the one guy who was the exception and he's gone and it doesn't seem like anyone will take his spot in that regard.

Jeter, A-Rod, and Bonds were probably the last really nationally known players.

Fatalah

Chatting with a friend tonight about how much we miss the old Florida Marlins branding. The Miami Marlins logo and colors really stink.

Do they ever wear throwbacks? Could they design an M logo with a Marlin around it, the way they had the F?

santeesioux

Chatting with a friend tonight about how much we miss the old Florida Marlins branding. The Miami Marlins logo and colors really stink.

Do they ever wear throwbacks? Could they design an M logo with a Marlin around it, the way they had the F?

My dad and i wore their hat when they were a new team all the time when i was a really little kid and we lived on the other side of the damn country. I'm still sore about them rebranding.

I guess yeah. He strikes out and loses the world series...something like that

MLB needs to promote these players a lot better where its not just Subway and Detroit endorising players lol

those MLB commercials should be done by the players instead. let these guys promote the league. Puig is actually a guy that alot of ppl outside of baseball kbow and its cuz of all the emotion and plays he makes out there. run a top 5 plays of the week commercial to show ppl the exciting parts of baseball and of these players.

Cubs get Tommy La Stella for Arodys Vizcaino. Vizcaino has obvious potential with his arm, just staying healthy is the problem.

Lot of people seem to think this is a precursor to moving an IF'er.

Braves fans, what do you think of him?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Cubs get Tommy La Stella for Arodys Vizcaino. Vizcaino has obvious potential with his arm, just staying healthy is the problem.

Lot of people seem to think this is a precursor to moving an IF'er.

Braves fans, what do you think of him?
Nothing special, bench player. 100 times better than Dan Uggla though.

CygnusXS

Huh, just heard about the trade. Yeah, I dunno about this one. They got about $830k extra to spend in the international market, which could be really important in the long term. But I don't know who is playing second next year.

They are still paying Uggla...

Sanjuro

Huh, just heard about the trade. Yeah, I dunno about this one. They got about $830k extra to spend in the international market, which could be really important in the long term. But I don't know who is playing second next year.

They are still paying Uggla...

...still playing BJ...

BFIB

Loria is such a fucking piece of shit.

I cannot wait for these clauses. My prediction:

A limited NTC that expires at Stanton's age 30 season, which is 2019. Also, that same year, he has an opt out clause. So after 2019, even if he does not opt out, he can still be traded at any time.

No way Loria does this deal unless there's a way he can offload it at some point.

If the Cubs can't go for one of the top 3 starters I would not be too disappointed if we sign some sort of combination of Liriano, McCarthy, Masterson, or Hammell. And then try to get Ian Kennedy from the Padres.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The #Braves have acquired RHP Shelby Miller and RHP Tyrell Jenkins from the Cardinals in exchange for OF Jason Heyward and RHP Jordan Walden

holy shit

Gammons is saying that Jays got Russell Martin for "McCann" money
https://twitter.com/pgammo/status/534390714827018240

!!!!! The Jays are spending money? I'll believe this when he's actually in a uniform. And this must mean Navarro is on his way out. No way he hits good enough to be a DH.

The #Braves have acquired RHP Shelby Miller and RHP Tyrell Jenkins from the Cardinals in exchange for OF Jason Heyward and RHP Jordan Walden

holy shit

That doesn't seem like a great return for Heyward...Jenkins' minor league numbers are pretty mediocre, and Miller doesn't seem to be that good. I know Heyward is kind of inconsistent, but he still seems like he should've gotten back more than that. Or am I missing something?

Talon

I quit this fucking team.

What a horrible...I can't even...what in the fucking shit.

Now I know how the Wilkins trade made people feel.

Top Bottom