• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Malo

Banned
Yankees sign Andrew Miller to a 4 year contract worth $36mm per Jack Curry.

Not sure how I feel about this.

1992, Ryne Sandberg signed a 4yr/28.4mil deal. The biggest ever. 7mil/yr I thought that was insane back then.

It's crazy to think Lester is going to get almost 10 times that 22 years later

Then that was promptly broken a few days later when the Braves signed Greg Maddux to a new-record 5-year, $29 million deal.

Which was then broken AGAIN a few days later when the Giants signed Barry Bonds to a new-record 6-year, $43.75 million deal.

That 1992-1993 offseason changed the game forever when it came to salaries.

Puig is being teased as the cover player for MLB 15.

B4HfSa3CAAAOx94.jpg

Yankees sign Andrew Miller to a 4 year contract worth $36mm per Jack Curry.

Not sure how I feel about this.

That's not a bad deal...and it becomes really good if the Yankees can retain Robertson.

Betances/Miller/Robertson would result in a lot of 6 inning starts for those questionable Yankee SP arms like Tanaka/Pineda/Nova/Sabathia.

It'd be nice to retain Robertson and add a starter...

Malo

Banned
That's not a bad deal...and it becomes really good if the Yankees can retain Robertson.

Betances/Miller/Robertson would result in a lot of 6 inning starts for those questionable Yankee SP arms like Tanaka/Pineda/Nova/Sabathia.

It'd be nice to retain Robertson and add a starter...
I think Robertson is gone. I don't see them giving out more than $80m to two relievers.

And adding a starter is basically guaranteed at this point with Greene having been shipped out. I'm really hoping that they can retain McCarthy.

Then that was promptly broken a few days later when the Braves signed Greg Maddux to a new-record 5-year, $29 million deal.

Which was then broken AGAIN a few days later when the Giants signed Barry Bonds to a new-record 6-year, $43.75 million deal.

I remember having my 12-year-old mind blown by the Bonds contract. I couldn't believe anyone could make that much money.

Now Stanton signs for more than six times as much, and it doesn't even phase me.

Fox318

I remember having my 12-year-old mind blown by the Bonds contract. I couldn't believe anyone could make that much money.

Now Stanton signs for more than six times as much, and it doesn't even phase me.

Stanton deal isn't really bad.

Owner is gonna sell before the deal is done.

It seems Markakis' desire to have neck surgery is what tipped things. The Orioles backed off when they found out he wanted surgery, but the Braves didn't.

Sanjuro

In the back of my mind I was kind of hoping Dempster would return for another year.

Now he is trying to make the Cubs relevant. That bastard.

So I'm doing a Road to the Show and I'm in 2020.

Andrew McCutchen ended up on the Giants. This is what he did when he signed with the Giants in 2018:

2018: 35 HR, 102 RBI, .293
2019: 29 HR, 111 RBI, .286

We're in the first week of June in 2020. He's so far hitting .338 with 13 HR and 48 RBI.

Jason Heyward ended up signing with the Red Sox in 2016 and he's a total monster.

zychi

Banned

I know, but I thought it was relevant since the Cubs will likely be the team to offer the $200 mil

zulux21

The Show cover makes me sad. I don't want anything with him on it in my house. :(

see... this is why stickers were invented :p
I am just hoping for a decent set of new features and polish now that they have a full new year to work on it... last seasons was a bit lackluster in the generation jump department. (it obviously looked better but not a... oh wow this is a new generation of baseball better)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First time I was really shocked by a Basbol contract was Manny signing with the Red Sox. That's when I thought these big contracts can't possibly be good for the game.

zulux21

I was all why are you posting this here then I realized I haven't been on the gaming side all day so I went and checked and......DAAAMMN!!

the reactions to the zelda stuff was surprisingly worse than the reactions to the mlb the show section during the show... though the show was mostly ignored by people in the main thread....

if you want a decent zelda moment beyond the new footage though the Imagine Dragons performance at the end was solid It was great reading all the people who were hating on Imagine Dragons admit that it was an ok ending :p.

Top Bottom