• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Moss to the Indians. Beane really is having a fire sale isn't he?

Based on what the A's got for him, it's too bad the Jays couldn't have gotten Moss, too. They have pretty huge holes in the outfield right now, and I'm sure they must have some middling prospect they could've given up.

zroid

Banned
JLl0GyL.png

ok then..

jbug617

Banned
Meanwhile, executives from one major-league team were told that Lester's agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, were giving the process a little more time in the hopes that one of the four known bidders -- the Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants and Los Angeles Dodgers -- would up their offer to $150 million.

For now, it's believed that no team has gone much beyond $140 million for six seasons. Reaching the $150 million plateau could make the difference in the negotiations. Similarly, a team willing to go to a seventh year -- or a vesting option for a seventh season -- could separate itself from the pack.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-red-sox/sources-agents-seek-150-million-deal-lester

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Meanwhile, In Barvelandia, they just signed a Cuban defector that no one has ever heard of and apparently they told the Royals that trading for Evan Gattis would cost them Yordano Ventura.

jbug617

Banned
Red Sox meeting with Lester's agents tonight

@Sean_McAdam: If Red Sox are indeed out on Lester, they haven't been told that. In fact, still have meeting scheduled with his agents this evening.

Malo

Banned
How many sp's do the 'sox plan on getting? I'm looking at their current rotation and it looks pretty ugly (Clay not withstanding). They need at least two starters minimum.

aFIGurANT

Since today as been as slow as molasses in December...anyone feel like reading my treatise on BABIP as a proof-reader? I'm writing it as a final paper for my qualitative reasoning course and I'd like to see if I'm misrepresenting anything. I'll hopefully be done sometime tonight if there's any takers. Dodgers fans are out cuz I know they would try to eviscerate me in return for the LDS loss, lol.

Malo

Banned
Clay is shit, though.
It was a joke about Clay being ugly.

Yanquis need to get rid of Beltran's awful contract.
It's not going to happen. They're going to have to put up with his contracts for two more years, which is when everyone should expect the next big spending spree, Beltran, Prado, Asseixiera all coming off the books with CC potentially coming off as well if his option doesn't vest for 2017.

jbug617

Banned
One of Henry Owens or Blake Swihart needs to be in that trade if I'm Amaro and the Phillies, but then again, Amaro isn't good at his job.

ESPN reported that it wouldn't need Swihart to get a deal done. I think the Phillies would hold out for Betts still

Sanjuro

I don't see Betts as untouchable. You'd probably only use him if a top-tier pitcher becomes available.

They ruined JBJ's value though.

If the Cubs miss out on Lester I see them working very quickly on a Shields deal.
Something like 4/80 with a vesting 5th year. That way they can easily afford to buy Price next FA.

Doogdogg

Betts for Hamels would be terrible for Boston. The guy was 21 year old and put up a 130wRC+ this year, it's closer to 150 if you count August through September when he was given a full time role.

Top Bottom