• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Sox are going trade what little is left in their farm besides Rodon for a potential playoff appearance. Not great for a one year rental.

White Sox farm has impoved massively, despite a lot of young players that graduated. It's not a bottom tier farm system anymore.

Anderson, Montas are surefire top 100 prospects this year with some borderline top 100 guys like Adams and Danish and some other interesting names.

Yeah I guess. But it seems like a good amount of their guys are way off.

I don't think they are ways off, their AA team is really going to be stacked with good prospects.

But I sure don't love the idea of trading for JS (love Marcus Semien's skillset, who has been mentioned numerous times by all writers in this talks) unless they are confident they can extend him.
White Sox message boards are all over the place regarding this possible trade.

Deal appears to be done. According to an insider on soxtalk and some random twitter dude it's for Semien,Danish and Michalczewski. That's a pretty big haul for what appears to be a rental,
So they essentially have to go out and get a LF and bullpen help now.

zulux21

The White Sox are close to acquiring Samardzija from the A’s, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports
If a deal does happen, the A’s would receive Marcus Semien and prospects, reports Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports

if this happens and marcus semien is the best player the white sox give up (aka they don't give up Tim Anderson or Micah Johnson and don't give up one of their top pitching prospects such as Francellis Montas, erik Johnson, or rodan) then I will likely be quite happy with this and glad to get in on the A's fire sale.

Deal appears to be done. According to an insider on soxtalk and some random twitter dude it's for Semien,Danish and Michalczewski. That's a pretty big haul for what appears to be a rental,
So they essentially have to go out and get a LF and bullpen help now.

ah I missed this.
if true then I consider this a huge win for the white sox, as what you call a huge haul I call pretty much nothing.
Semien was at best a stop gap until anderson or johnson got to the majors.
Danish looks like he could be decent but he is years away from being in the majors and the sox need a pitcher now and have some good talent in AA and AAA still. And Michalczewski isn't anything special.

as for bullpen help the white sox are supposed to be in on David Robertson which wouldn't hurt. Beyond that they did end up eventually finding some decent pitchers by the end of the season, so the bullpen isn't as terrible as most think it is.

If the Cubs sign Lester they will be looking for a "big bat to accelerate their revival" according to Rosenthal.
Have no idea who we would go after honestly. Melky could be possible in left I guess. But I don't want to give 4+ years for him when we have Russell, Bryant, and Schwarber coming up.

Upton maybe?

If the Cubs sign Lester they will be looking for a "big bat to accelerate their revival" according to Rosenthal.

806438685.gif

"Theo....I'm ready."

I don't love paying that much dough for a reliever ( I hate the proven closer moniker by the way) but the incredibly team friendly contracts(Sale,Quintana,Abreu) the Sox have allow that kind of move.
I'm OK with this.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Twins gonna be the only team not trying for the AL Central this year. It's too bad Terry Ryan won't listen to the Blue Jays offer.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
SportsCenterVerified account
‏@SportsCenter
BREAKING: A's trade Jeff Samardzija to White Sox for Marcus Semien, Trayce Thompson & Chris Beck.

Sportscenter Twitter:
BREAKING: A's trade Jeff Samardzija to White Sox for Marcus Semien, Trayce Thompson & Chris Beck. (via @FOXSports)

So the insider on the soxtalk board was full of it. (sensing a pattern here...)
But WTF is Beane doing?
I like Semien but the other two are just throw ins.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 42s42 seconds ago
deal to send samardzija to the white sox is agreed to

Or not. I have no idea.
Sounds like SC got the names wrong at least.

John Hart has been telling all interested parties that Evan Gattis is not going to be shopped and it would take a deal to "blow their doors off" to acquire Gattis. Justin Upton is much more up for grabs and will likely be traded during the meetings. Texas is believed to be the most likely destination for Upton.

Top Bottom