• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo

Source: #Angels acquire Drew Butera from #Dodgers. First reported as close by @JimBowden_ESPN.
There goes one of our strongest bullpen arms!
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1

#Dodgers have let teams know open to moving Dee Gordon. New front office likes OBP, not Gordon’s forte
Looks like things are shaking up in the Ravine!

Overlee

ppGG8uJ.jpg

ad-fire-sale-o.gif

2015 Opening Day Los Doyers

C - Grandal
1B - Gonzo
2B - Guerrero
SS - Arruebarrena
3B - Uribe
OF - Crawford
OF - Joc
OF - Puig

mattkempmadface.gif

jbug617

Banned
http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/bo...eceive-final-offers-red-sox-meet-with-agents/

According to a major league source, as of Tuesday evening, Jon Lester‘s representatives were not at the point where they were prepared to offer their client a presentation of final offers from the four teams involved.

The source goes on to clarify that Lester’s agents, Sam and Seth Levinson of ACES, met with the Red Sox earlier Tuesday. With the involvement of ownership groups from all teams slowing the process, there was still a strong possibility no decision would be made the pitcher until Wednesday.

In the mix for Lester’s services with the Red Sox are the Dodgers, Giants, and Cubs.

He needs to hurry this up.

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN · 4m 4 minutes ago
Source: Lester is nearing finish line. He soon will have final options to choose from; reasonable belief is that this will conclude tonight.

Somebody tell me what the fuck is happening?

JDeluis

There goes one of our strongest bullpen arms!

Going to miss Butera. But if it was between him and AJ, I'd rather we keep AJ.

As for Dee, that would be such as stupid trade. How the hell are you going to give up Dee as well. Maury Wills is going to sad if Dee were to go. That and Kemp being traded might cause some buses to be turned over. lol.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I really wish a team was dumb enough to take Bruce and/or Votto in a trade instead of us having to trade away some of our great pitching staff for the potential of a LF bat.

thefro

Guy on a Cubs message board who has claimed to know Lester's father in law for the last few months says he's going to the Cubs.

Not sure if he is 14 years old or not though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone else think Lester's just trolling everyone and taking his sweet time for the hell of it? He probably made up his mind a long while ago.

RT @thekapman: Cubs meeting w/David Ross' agent tonight. Jon Lester's catcher in Bos. 2 very good MLB sources tell me they believe Cubs lead for Lester.

RT @thekapman: Cubs meeting w/David Ross' agent tonight. Jon Lester's catcher in Bos. 2 very good MLB sources tell me they believe Cubs lead for Lester.

Kaplan is full of shit though. I still think signing FA pitchers in their 30's to those monstrous deals is a mistake, but I sure understand the excitement involved.

edit: Slow day at the winter meetings today in general after yesterday's frenzy. Hope Rick Hahn leaves San Diego with a corner outfield bat.

^I think the Sox should go after Marlon Byrd.

As a short term fix it makes sense. But I wouldn't give up much for him.
I know he has been really good the past 2 years,but somehow that horrible year in Chicago/Boston is still in my head.
Who knows if he's available though,because nobody knows wtf Amaro is doing.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Supposedly the Giants will trade for Upton and Chris Johnson if they miss on Lester. Thoughts, gigantes fans?

"Respect: To make sure they don’t lose Russell Wilson in Rule 5 draft, #Rangers intend to protect him on their AAA roster." - @Ken_Rosenthal

This seems stupid.

Top Bottom