• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Malvingt2

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
Baseball industry consensus: The more money #Dodgers send to #padres, the better Matt Kemp's hip X-rays will look

If the Pads back out, which wouldn't be that unreasonable being that you don't want to be on the hook for $15 million a year on a guy with bad hips, it could make their front office look like they are reneging on an agreement.
Aren't all trade agreements made pending the results of the physical exam? Trades have been nixed due to failed physicals before.

Malvingt2

Jeffrey Flanagan ‏@jflanagankc
#Royals have signed former Braves RHP Kris Medlen. Had TJ surgery last March. Was 15-12 with 3.11 ERA in 2013. Was 10-1, 1.97 in 2012

Ho-lee sheep shit

EDIT according to Rosenthal it's 8.5m per year at 2 years???

edit again: Oh I see, plus huge incentives: $4m in 2015 and 6 in 2016. I'm cool with that. for sure.

Man, this is great!!

aFIGurANT

Have any MLB/Sony-Gaffer thought about picking up Super Mega Baseball yet? It's getting good reviews (7/10 on OS) and apparently has lots of that old-school nostalgia oozing through. If no one else does I might see if Redbox is carrying it so I can dig in a bit this weekend.

Sanjuro

Have any MLB/Sony-Gaffer thought about picking up Super Mega Baseball yet? It's getting good reviews (7/10 on OS) and apparently has lots of that old-school nostalgia oozing through. If no one else does I might see if Redbox is carrying it so I can dig in a bit this weekend.

Since MLB is trash, I'm waiting to hear more on this. Looks fun and weird.

aFIGurANT

Since MLB is trash, I'm waiting to hear more on this. Looks fun and weird.

It's not on redbox apparently so that sucks for just wanting to try it. I actually enjoy The Show myself but it does tend to feel less like fun and more like trying to master the sport for real. Like hitting in that game? I make Dirty Daniel Descalso look like a triple-crown contender. The pitching is fun though imo. Keep us posted if you get it Sony peeps.

That is way too much money to be guaranteeing to a guy coming off his 2nd TJ. Still, he'll be missed. <3

Eh, maybe. But the cheapest the Braves could have done was bring back Medlen for around $4.5 mil in 2015, in a season in which Medlen probably won't be back until June. The Royals get that season for $2 mil, then cross their fingers and hope he works out for 2016, when they're on the hook for $5.5 mil (plus a potential $1 mil mutual option buyout).

The Braves would have paid more in 2015 and could have let him walk next year if he didn't pan out, but they also would've had to pony up big bucks to keep him as a free agent in 2016 if he has a strong 2015.

Obviously it's a bigger risk for the Royals, but also has a much better chance of paying big dividends. I like it.

Meier

Just reading this shit about Kemp. So obnoxious. Hope it all works itself out but is today the last day it can due to the three day window for medicals?

JDeluis

Isn't it only a downloadable game? It's $20.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...ball/cid=UP2155-NPUB31554_00-2014030100000001

MLB 14 The Show for PS3 is going to be $20 starting Sunday at Best Buy. Is it worth picking up with MLB 15 coming out March 31.

Malvingt2

Buster Olney &#8207;@Buster_ESPN
Padres loading up on power, adding Derek Norris in a trade with Oakland
edit: late...Padres on the move ah?

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan &#8207;@JeffPassan
Final deal: Oakland acquires RHPs Jesse Hahn and R.J. Alvarez for C Derek Norris, RHP Seth Streich and an international signing slot.

Overlee

Ken Rosenthal &#8207;@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Padres asked #Dodgers to increase financial contribution, but LAD refused.

After reading about San Diego's new GM and some of the things his crew did in Texas the entire thing seemed like a shady money grab.

Like when you agree to sell something on craigslist for $25 and the guy shows up claiming he only has $20 on him.

Go fuck yourselves San Diego

O8PecCN.jpg

Top Bottom