• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Olney says the Yanks will get 1 more player in the deal.

So they finally dump that Stanton contract, eh?

Don't get this trade for the Yankees either. Who's playing 2nd now? Trade for Zobrist or what?

edit: The only plausible scenerio is that Arod will be their everyday SS and Gregorius moves to 2nd.

I dunno about this deal...unless they think Rothschild is the guy to unlock some great upside in Eovaldi (who supposedly has a crazy live FB/curve combo), or unless Domingo German is a sleeper top prospect, why would they want to be without Prado?

Not having Prado means that they are probably thinking Refsnyder/Pirela are playing 2B.

Malo

Banned
So they finally dump that Stanton contract, eh?

Don't get this trade for the Yankees either. Who's playing 2nd now? Trade for Zobrist or what?

edit: The only plausible scenerio is that Arod will be their everyday SS and Gregorius moves to 2nd.
Robert Refsnyder is going to be our second baseman.

Sizzle55

I dunno about this deal...unless they think Rothschild is the guy to unlock some great upside in Eovaldi (who supposedly has a crazy live FB/curve combo), or unless Domingo German is a sleeper top prospect, why would they want to be without Prado?

Not having Prado means that they are probably thinking Refsnyder/Pirela are playing 2B.
Seems like a strange trade, Prado gives you so much flexibility and i thought he was a great pick up last year. Phelps was ok and also versatile. For a starter who has gone 10 & 20 the last two years and a back up 1st basemen who hits in the 240's. Only thing i like is Refsnyder might get a shot.

Malo

Banned
Seems like a strange trade, Prado gives you so much flexibility and i thought he was a great pick up last year. Phelps was ok and also versatile. For a starter who has gone 10 & 20 the last two years and a back up 1st basemen who hits in the 240's. Only thing i like is Refsnyder might get a shot.
Please don't tell me you're using wins and losses as a way to evaluate a pitcher.

Seems like German wasn't a throw in either. BA ranked him as the Marlins' 6th best prospect.
@JackCurryYES: According to @Joelsherman1, Yankees are also getting Class A pitcher Domingo German. He was 9-3, 2.25 ERA, 123 1/2 IPs, 113K, 25W last year.

Mdot

Don't know about this trade. I really like the Prado pick up last year and he was pretty consistent; provided a lot of flexibility in the field. Hope this German prospect pans out as a result.

Malo

Banned
Era over 4 as well, going to the AL East against some powerful lineups. I think my concern is justified.
The AL East isn't what it used to be. He had a 3.37 FIP to go along with 3 fwar and a .323 BABIP against. His strikeout rate isn't that good, but it should go up a bit with the help of Rothschild and McCann. He gets a lot of groundballs and with the Yankees' improved defensive infield, he's a good match for the team.

Sizzle55

The AL East isn't what it used to be. He had a 3.37 FIP to go along with 3 fwar and a .323 BABIP against. His strikeout rate isn't that good, but it should go up a bit with the help of Rothschild and McCann. He gets a lot of groundballs and with the Yankees' improved defensive infield, he's a good match for the team.
All valid points mate. I just am hesitant to trade a good all round every day player for a starter, but thats just my opinion. Could Jones do some damage? Is he ok in the field? I haven't seen him play recently. Is German the difference maker in the trade?

Prob what the analytical dudes were pointing to Cashman.

clemenx

Banned
Padres definitely need IF help. Amarista and Solarte are not starting material. Will be fun to see who they unload. Or perhaps they sign Asdrubal or something.

Their rotation seems good already.

jFmhW.gif

How are The Padres making more moves than The Mets.

jbug617

Banned
Levine was quoted that there is basically virtually no chance they are going after Scherzer
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/12...ays-virtually-no-chance-of-big-money-signing/

“I can’t talk about any specific players,” Levine said Thursday, according to the New York Daily News. “I’m not allowed to. And I won’t. The market is going on. As I said, as (general manager Brian Cashman) has said, if you look at the construct of our roster, I think (Masahiro) Tanaka is an ace, CC Sabathia hopefully comes back, we get (Ivan) Nova back pretty soon. … You have to build around that. So the chances of us bringing in another guy who makes $25 million or over are, to my opinion, virtually none.”

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves make it official: Justin Upton & Aaron Northcraft to SD for LHP Max Fried, INF Jace Peterson, INF Dustin Peterson & OF Mallex Smith

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves also acquired the Padres fourth international bonus pool slot

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So wtf is going on?

Pads have to be dealing one of those Corners right?

I don't how they can play Kemp in CF.

But I think this puts them squarely in 2nd in the division. Their SP's are really good.

Play Venable in center and make either Myers or Kemp play 1B, imo.

Or, just say fuck it and don't worry about defense, which what I have to assume at this point.

I do like the Braves trade. A lot of upside from those guys. It is a nice gamble.

Max Fried is the best prospect in that batch, but he also just had Tommy John surgery like 2 months ago, so don't get too excited, methinks.

Padres definitely need IF help. Amarista and Solarte are not starting material. Will be fun to see who they unload. Or perhaps they sign Asdrubal or something.

Their rotation seems good already.

I expect them to unload Smith and potentially Venable if they can. They're kind of stuck with Cameron Maybin and god knows what they could do with Carlos Quentin. Those contracts, and Gyorko's, are mostly why Byrnes got shitcanned. The reason they have a deep enough system to make all these moves is because Byrnes's regime was pretty decent at stocking up there, so give him some credit, I think.

Top Bottom