• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yonder Alonso is going to play 1st for the Padres according to Twitter.

The plan is to try out Myers in CF, apparently.

They really should put Kemp at first, but its probably bad for PR to do it right after they acquired him, hips and knees notwithstanding.

That said, I wouldn't start looking for real estate in the area if I were Yonder.

Pads just need Cashner to stay healthy and they have a legit shot at the division and a WC.

They should have kept Rizzo though haha.

What a turnaround from a week or so ago.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pads just need Cashner to stay healthy and they have a legit shot at the division and a WC.

What a turnaround from a week or so ago.

The entire team is composed of former all-stars or potential all-stars whose careers have been derailed by serious injury issues. I'll reserve judgment until I see real results. That said, I can't blame them for trying even if it doesn't work out since for once in the last 10 years it seems like all the guys on the team are actual major league players and not just "major league players in San Diego."

I ain't even mad:
wwHfQqI.jpg

B0DBuCg.jpg

I'll gladly take the year long hangovers if it means they win again in 2016.

Not at all surprised the Padres continued to add. The Marlins-Yankees trade was surprising though on both ends.

Malvingt2

The Braves offense and defense in 2015 is going to suuuuuuuucccccckkkk.

:(

I can just imaging Gattis on LF..... :(

Matt Eddy ‏@MattEddyBA
#Braves add $182,300 in international money in Upton trade. They added $974,000 in La Stella trade. Bonus pool now stands at $2,912,200.

Heh. He had potential, buuuuuut he sucks and has a bad temper (imo).

He went from AA to the World Series in the span of about 7 weeks. It might be a bit too early to talk about him sucking/horrible temper. If his struggles continue into the next year I'd be willing to agree with you, but for now I think it had the potential to be a valuable learning experience for him.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It might be a bit too early to talk about him sucking/horrible temper. If his struggles continue into the next year I'd be willing to agree with you, but for now I think it had the potential to be a valuable learning experience for him.

You're replying to Duff. You either suck or you don't. ;P

7:08pm: Giants assistant GM Bobby Evans said that the deal is not yet done in an appearance on Yahoo Sports Talk Live (via Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News, on Twitter). He added that the MiLB players who have been named in the media are not involved in the trade.

Oh thank goodness we still have Matt Duffy.

yeah I'll second that. anybody want Teix? he wears tight suits, very appealing for the lady fans. will pay for himself. umm.... let's see what else. he's strong. really strong. can lift a barrel over his head no problem.

Mindlog

You hate the way stadium financing tends to screw communities.
You hate the way community politics can roadblock reasonable policy debate.

:\

Go Rays!

Enron

Banned
Max Fried is the best prospect in that batch, but he also just had Tommy John surgery like 2 months ago, so don't get too excited, methinks.

He's also not even 21 yet. He'll be fine. Why is everyone acting like Fried is worthless? I swear talkingchop was tough to read today.

But they weren't 7-9 years old than him when they had their first TJ surgery. Not sure what their current age has to do with anything.

Well, you were the one that brought up that braves fans were skittish after Beachy, Medlen, and Venters all in one season. Who are all older. And have all had multiple TJs. The age difference and number of procedures is exactly why fans ought not to be concerned.

RBH

You hate the way stadium financing tends to screw communities.
You hate the way community politics can roadblock reasonable policy debate.

:\

Go Rays!

Just saw the news about the St. Pete council vote now. :/

What are the chances that they can work something out?

jakncoke

Banned
Kang, 27, put up huge numbers this year in the Korean Baseball Organization (1.198 OPS, 40 home runs, in 117 games), which is considered much more hitter-friendly than even the Pacific Coast League.

impressed deflated

kang seeking 2/12 4/20 type contract?

impressed deflated

kang seeking 2/12 4/20 type contract?
That and the ball is tampered with too.

It's baffling to hear these comments on Max Fried. Brah has some of the most advanced stuff out of a left prospect his age. He's not afraid of the strikezone, he uses it. Think the Padres finish third in that division.

New projected Padres lineup

1. Yangervis Solarte - 3B
2. Wil Myers - CF
3. Matt Kemp - RF
4. Justin Upton - LF
5. Yonder Alonso - 1B
6. Jedd Gyorko - 2B
7. Derek Norris - C
8. Alexi Amarista - SS

New projected Padres lineup

1. Yangervis Solarte - 3B
2. Wil Myers - CF
3. Matt Kemp - RF
4. Justin Upton - LF
5. Yonder Alonso - 1B
6. Jedd Gyorko - 2B
7. Derek Norris - C
8. Alexi Amarista - SS

Not too shabby IMO. The starting pitching has a lot of potential so at this point I don't think a wild card berth is unrealistic.

Blearth

Banned
God I hate the fucking Padres. They need to be contacted along with the Rockies and D'Backs.

A two team division with 81 Giants-Dodgers games is would be 100x better than those three worthless piece of shit teams.

Edit: D'Backs can stay if they go back to the purple and teal.

Meier

$5m fee is pretty cheap for a guy who is only 27 even if those numbers are significantly inflated. If you put up something resembling that at AAA, there's pretty high expectations.

aFIGurANT

$5m fee is pretty cheap for a guy who is only 27 even if those numbers are significantly inflated. If you put up something resembling that at AAA, there's pretty high expectations.

You know how the posting system works though? I'll assume yes and agree that compared to Tanaka's that's pretty nice. A Japanese pitcher is better than a Korean MI though I guess. Excepting Dice K and the hundreds more who tried and failed before my time of course.

Top Bottom