• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves have aquired LHP Ricardo Sanchez from the Angels in exchange for RHP Nate Hyatt & INF Kyle Kubitza

3N16MA

Banned
Tom Glavine gets 91.9% while Mussina can't even get 25%. Mussina was and always will be the better pitcher of the two.

Syrinx

Everybody keeps saying Sandy Alderson, the Mets' GM, is a savvy trader, but I get the sense he's going to give up one of his pitchers and get far too little in return.

It's just a bad feeling. And it's certainly not as if the Mets will be dramatically improved this year.

Sandy: "Woah. I have pitchers?"

Malo

Banned
The Yankees and Red Sox are the heavy favorites to sign Moancada if he gets cleared before June 15th according to Kiley McDaniel.

Last time the Yankees and Sox had a bidding war for a Cuban player it was for Jose Contreras.

Syrinx

The Yankees and Red Sox are the heavy favorites to sign Moancada if he gets cleared before June 15th according to Kiley McDaniel.

Last time the Yankees and Sox had a bidding war for a Cuban player it was for Jose Contreras.

Meanwhile, at Sandy's house:

homer48.jpg

Eventually the cuban bubble is going to burst. Who is going to be the first Cuban Kaz Matsui or Hideki Irabu?

Since we were talking about the Pads boring ass unis a few weeks ago, here's a fan concept for some that I actually think are pretty cool. The brown/yellow actually works.
B6z-gaLCQAAw9KG.jpg

B6z-gI-CQAAThGc.jpg

Eventually the cuban bubble is going to burst. Who is going to be the first Cuban Kaz Matsui or Hideki Irabu?

Since we were talking about the Pads boring ass unis a few weeks ago, here's a fan concept for some that I actually think are pretty cool. The brown/yellow actually works.
B6z-gaLCQAAw9KG.jpg

B6z-gI-CQAAThGc.jpg

No pinstripes, pls.

gaming_noob

Zobrist and Escobar to the A's. Jays needed Zobrist but the Rays probably only wanted to trade him if Escobar was part of the package :

RBH

The A’s are finalizing a deal to acquire two-time All-Star Ben Zobrist and shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Tampa Bay Rays, the Chronicle has learned. Multiple sources confirmed the pending trade.

Oakland is sending catcher John Jaso - acquired from Tampa Bay two years ago - back to the Rays, along with two minor-leaguers, top shortstop prospect Daniel Robertson and outfielder Boog Powell.

Oakland general manager Billy Beane had said after a torrent of deals in December that he was not done and that he anticipated adding more pieces before spring training. With the additions of Zobrist, a multi-position marvel who is likely to play second base and some outfield with Oakland, and Escobar, the A’s now sport an entirely new infield, with Brett Lawrie at third base and Ike Davis and Billy Butler at first base.
http://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/A-s-set-to-acquire-Ben-Zobrist-Yunel-Escobar-6006463.php

It's unfortunate that the Giants did not get Zobrist. They probably couldn't compete with that trade honestly. Rays got a good prospect from that and got the A's to take Escobar.

Mets were discussing a 3 way deal with the Nats and Rays that would have brought Desmond to the Mets, Zobrist to the Nats and Specs to the Rays.

Mets pulled out after the Rays demanded Syndegaard.

They also discussed Zobrist straight up with the Rays.

Syrinx

Mets were discussing a 3 way deal with the Nats and Rays that would have brought Desmond to the Mets, Zobrist to the Nats and Specs to the Rays.

Mets pulled out after the Rays demanded Syndegaard.

They also discussed Zobrist straight up with the Rays.

Eh...Syndergaard for Desmond...yeah I wouldn't pull the trigger on that either.

Sandy is still fucking up this whole offseason though.

aFIGurANT

Dan Haren has informed the Marlins he will not retire and will play for the Marlins in 2015.

There's not a park big enough for that guy. I wish you could say that he's at least cheap but iirc they just got the two guys and no $$$. I still don't see that trade as being great even if Heaney is only a serviceable 5th starter for the Angels.

nvm, he's getting paid to pitch elsewhere by LA. Always a positive when that happens to work out

Wandy Rodriguez failed his physical with the Phillies and the Phillies backed out of everything.

Wandy has now signed a minor league deal with the Braves.

aFIGurANT

Dback GM Dave Stewart was firing off shots like it's 2000 in a recent interview. Here's the quote:
I think James is a throwback guy by the way he goes about his business and the innings he pitches,” says Stewart. “I think the fact that Tony (La Russa) is here and that we have more baseball people — he probably sees us as a true baseball team vs. some of the other teams out here that are geared more toward analytics and those type of things.

Source.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Wandy Rodriguez failed his physical with the Phillies and the Phillies backed out of everything.

Wandy has now signed a minor league deal with the Braves.
No tommy john surgery? The braves are lowering their standards.

jbug617

Banned
Sunday Night Baseball early schedule.

April 5: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs (Jon Lester‘s debut with the Cubs)
April 12:Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees
April 19: Cincinnati Reds at St. Louis Cardinals
April 26: New York Mets at New York Yankees
May 3: New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox

Doogdogg

Sunday Night Baseball early schedule.

April 5: St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs (Jon Lester‘s debut with the Cubs)
April 12:Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees
April 19: Cincinnati Reds at St. Louis Cardinals
April 26: New York Mets at New York Yankees
May 3: New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox

Why don't they just rename it as Sox, Cards and Yanks Sunday night baseball? It's all they ever put on.

Top Bottom