• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

TraBuch

Banned
Evan Gattis had a physical done in Houston today. John Hart claims there's no deal in place, but Ken Rosenthal says that a trade has to be in place and the commissioner must be notified before a team can give a player a physical.

Enron

Banned
Great deal for the Braves. Really happy about this deal.

Gattis is cheap, controllable power which ups the premium but in the end he's a streaky power hitter who isn't really good for much else. Glad he wont be on the field for the Braves come Spring.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
good now trade kimbrel. (and markakis...)

also the braves offense is going to historically bad in 2015.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
get them on, get them over, get them out. Braves baseball.

get them out, braves baseball.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Great deal for the Braves. Really happy about this deal.

Gattis is cheap, controllable power which ups the premium but in the end he's a streaky power hitter who isn't really good for much else. Glad he wont be on the field for the Braves come Spring.

Gattis has ever so slightly better numbers than Chris Carter, although it doesn't seem as he strikes out as much as Carter does.

The BIG question is, where the fuck is he gonna play?

Of course, people are still reporting that this deal might fall through, so who knows.

Gaf need some help. I got the 3rd pick for my MiLB draft( Keeper league). Out of last years June draft who should I take. I know there were a couple that got called up to the MLB last year. Could use some help. Thanks in advance

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
@EvanDrellich 1m1 minute ago
Source: Astros-Braves Gattis deal, which is not completed, would include player/players not known at this point. We don’t have full picture.

Welllllll

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
@EvanDrellich · 22m 22 minutes ago
Heading into physical, the worry about Evan Gattis' health was centered on his right knee and back, sources say. Concern not light, either]

@EvanDrellich · 17m 17 minutes ago
To temper the buzz: BJ Upton is not a part of the deal.

jakncoke

Banned
so Kang is the first position player ever to jump from KBO to Mlb. Intersting

Felix Pie, 4-for-29 in a trial with the Pirates in 2013, batted .326 for KBO's Hanwha Eagles; his 17 homers and 92 RBIs virtually matched his Major League output in 425 games.

lol

aFIGurANT

Billy Beane just moved Yunel too. So much for rebuilding MI depth in Oakland, if that was indeed a goal this offseason. All they've done is confuse the fuck out of any analysis that could be made on their strategy.

Clippard is a nice pickup for Escobar, to be fair though.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman
The Braves will send Evan Gattis and James Hoyt to the Astros for 3B Rio Ruiz and RHPs Mike Foltynewicz and Andrew Thurman.

BFIB

Ban lifted! I just need to stay away from the gaming side.....

Jon Jay has been cleared by doctors to resume baseball related activies. I had no idea he was hurt? Had to be during the playoffs.

In other news, the Cards have been deemed the most "oppressive fans in baseball" by some Yahoo reporter. But don't fret MLB-GAF, 4 more murders in St. Louis last night. We're taking care of the problem for you all.

kIdMuScLe

So i saw the lifetime ticket that the Brewers are selling for $1000 so from what i understand is basically a season ticket deal that includes all playoff games including world series right?

Enron

Banned
92.9 in Atlanta is having a roundtable going on right now with 4 of their hosts on the topic of the braves tanking - 2 of them are shouting down the other guys with the WHY DO YOU TRADE TODAY FOR A BUNCH OF MAYBE PROSPECTS WHO MIGHT NOT HELP YOU TOMMORROW argument. I hope this is a scripted bit, because seriously no sports host should be that stupid.

I fucking hate 92.9. Give me back the Adult Album Alternative station you took over, dickheads.

If baseball were 4 innings, Oakland would be a beast.

Not sure what Beane's plan is on the other 6 innings though.

Aren't AJ Griffin and Jarrod Parker due back for Spring training? They aren't Smardizja or Lester, but they both helped Oakland get into the playoffs in 2013. Oakland will be fine and probably finish with at least a WC berth.

BFIB

Aren't AJ Griffin and Jarrod Parker due back for Spring training? They aren't Smardizja or Lester, but they both helped Oakland get into the playoffs in 2013. Oakland will be fine and probably finish with at least a WC berth.

They should be. AL West is going to be tough, but you can never count the A's out.

EDIT: Actually not, and Rafa just said the same.

Jon Jay has been cleared by doctors to resume baseball related activies. I had no idea he was hurt? Had to be during the playoffs.

In other news, the Cards have been deemed the most "oppressive fans in baseball" by some Yahoo reporter. But don't fret MLB-GAF, 4 more murders in St. Louis last night. We're taking care of the problem for you all.

He was apparently playing with injury for quite a while. Didn't stop him from hitting like .485 during the playoffs and in the .300s during August and September

aFIGurANT

They just gave the green light to a pitch clock in AAA and AA. Personally, not a fan.

I look forward to seeing how it works. There's nothing wrong with some due diligence in the minors. It might be tough to swallow when the free strikes start piling on your team's batters to be fair, but fuck it, it's just A ball for now.

Sanjuro

I look forward to seeing how it works. There's nothing wrong with some due diligence in the minors. It might be tough to swallow when the free strikes start piling on your team's batters to be fair, but fuck it, it's just A ball for now.

I'm fine with it in the minor leagues for sure. Absolutely.

What did you do? :lol

Supposedly, Jay had a minor procedure done on his wrist. Hope it doesn't screw up his hitting this season. He doesn't exactly hit for much power even when healthy.

The Cardinals and Lance Lynn have agreed to a 3-year, $22 million contract.
Sounds reasonable. Shame the Cards couldn't get one of his free agent years at a good price though.

BFIB

What did you do? :lol

Supposedly, Jay had a minor procedure done on his wrist. Hope it doesn't screw up his hitting this season. He doesn't exactly hit for much power even when healthy.

Eh, people get too sensitive on that side.

Cards avoiding arbitration with Bourjos and Cruz. I still think Bourjos gets packaged somewhere before ST.

Top Bottom