• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Enron

Banned
Well, I was pretty close. Knebel is one of the Rangers top 10 prospects, but he's behind jackson/chi chi/jake thompson in terms of ceiling for pitchers. Sardinas is alright, should at least be a util inf with a long MLB career.

Good deal for both the Rangers and the Brewers. Rangers get to keep Jackson and Thompson, and the Brew Crew gets a top 10 prospect from a loaded system plus another nice piece.

eznark

Banned
Meh. Melvin finally gets his power arm in Knebel. If he's healthy I assume he'll immediately close.

No stick backup infielder is disappointing though. Would've rather had Rua.

As is always the case with these things Diplan will be the star and everyone will forget where we got him.

Sanjuro

Meh. Melvin finally gets his power arm in Knebel. If he's healthy I assume he'll immediately close.

No stick backup infielder is disappointing though. Would've rather had Rua.

As is always the case with these things Diplan will be the star and everyone will forget where we got him.

If you still even have him when he gets a call to the show.

Enron

Banned
Brewers also sending $4 mil to the Rangers. So I guess that's why Diplan was in.

Lots of Rangers fans expressing disappointment with Diplan's inclusion, but still feel good about the deal. Diplan is still a kid and he's a looooong ways off.

cashman

Banned
Dammit, I was really interested in how Diplan was going to do stateside. Oh well, it's not the worst thing in the world since the guy could be anything at 18.

RBH

Thunder are struggling though

Alberto-El-Patron-Claps.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thanks for sharing, this is awesome.

I'd love for high heat to return.

I found my old PC CDs of Madden 99, NBA Live 99, and High Heat 2001 during my cleanup. Bonds (or whoever his stand-in ended up being) was ridiculous in that game, lol.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I found my old PC CDs of Madden 99, NBA Live 99, and High Heat 2001 during my cleanup. Bonds (or whoever his stand-in ended up being) was ridiculous in that game, lol.

I remember in MVP he was Jon Dowd.

I'd always plunk his ass along with Pujols.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Still salty?

That was probably revenge, because I was plunking him before that. :p

Always hated him as a player.

I cannot believe that EA hasn't jumped on the MLB end just sitting out there. 2K is done w/ their contract, correct?

Yup.

Don't know how true this is, but it says EA wants to make one, but wants a long term deal to make sure nothing like 05 (2K exclusive deal) happens again.

And Griffey SNES (first one) is the GOAT.

Now there's rumors floating around Colby Rasmus might sign with the Astros. Very low chance, but who knows. He's apparently in Houston right now.

BFIB

That was probably revenge, because I was plunking him before that. :p

Always hated him as a player.

Eh, that HR ended up being meaningless as the Cards laid an egg in Game 6.

But it was an impressive HR, and Lidge really wasn't the same after it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Eh, that HR ended up being meaningless as the Cards laid an egg in Game 6.

But it was an impressive HR, and Lidge really wasn't the same after it.

Oh yeah, I know. I think the Lidge thing hurt more really. He wasn't really the same, until he was traded to the Phillies.

Now there's rumors floating around Colby Rasmus might sign with the Astros. Very low chance, but who knows. He's apparently in Houston right now.

He could end up being a steal for them. 2014 sucked for him, but he's still relatively young and he was outstanding in 2013. Provided his head is all there -- which you can never totally be sure of when it comes to him -- he could end up being a really underrated signing.

BFIB

He could end up being a steal for them. 2014 sucked for him, but he's still relatively young and he was outstanding in 2013. Provided his head is all there -- which you can never totally be sure of when it comes to him -- he could end up being a really underrated signing.

Dude's a clubhouse cancer. When he was here in St. Louis all he did was bitch and moan about his opportunities, and the constant battles between his dad (who ended up being banned from on field practices), and TLR. So once he was traded, all he said was that he was out to prove that it was the Cards, not him that stopped him from having "fun.". Well, he came up with the same BS a few months ago (I'd have to find the article) regarding the game not being "fun" due to the atmosphere in Toronto.

Toronto also moved Gose, yet they did not even pursue Rasmus. I think that speaks a lot to his value from Toronto's perpsective.

Dude's a clubhouse cancer. When he was here in St. Louis all he did was bitch and moan about his opportunities, and the constant battles between his dad (who ended up being banned from on field practices), and TLR. So once he was traded, all he said was that he was out to prove that it was the Cards, not him that stopped him from having "fun.". Well, he came up with the same BS a few months ago (I'd have to find the article) regarding the game not being "fun" due to the atmosphere in Toronto.

Toronto also moved Gose, yet they did not even pursue Rasmus. I think that speaks a lot to his value from Toronto's perpsective.

Maybe helps that Luhnow drafted Rasmus? I don't know. If I were a team like the Astros I'd probably take a chance on a bounceback from him.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Maybe helps that Luhnow drafted Rasmus? I don't know. If I were a team like the Astros I'd probably take a chance on a bounceback from him.

@brianmctaggart · 2h 2 hours ago

Rasmus in Houston for physical, tells http://MLB.com : "I've always been tight with [GM Jeff Luhnow] & he's always been good to me."

's what it is looking like.

He and Vogelsong are taking physicals today but no deals in place yet.

Update:

@JonHeymanCBS 9m9 minutes ago

hear theres agreement with astros and rasmus. expected to be for 1 year once finalized. @MarkBermanFox26 reported physical.

BFIB

I hope Rasmus does well there, but that statement lines right up w/ Rasmus and his ego. It has to constantly be stroked and he has to be babied, which Lunhow likely did.

He was hot and cold throughout his time in Toronto, but I don't think there were many complaints about how he was in the clubhouse. The announcers and coaches all kept saying how good a job he was doing at accepting a bench role, and he said all the right things during interviews about being ready when called on and accepting a reduced role. Even from a fan perspective, when that article came out (I know which one you're talking about) the general reaction seemed to be sympathy for him, rather than the usual blind hatred Toronto fans have towards any players who leave. As I said, mentally he's got issues, but I could still see a team taking a chance on him on a short deal.

BFIB

He was hot and cold throughout his time in Toronto, but I don't think there were many complaints about how he was in the clubhouse. The announcers and coaches all kept saying how good a job he was doing at accepting a bench role, and he said all the right things during interviews about being ready when called on and accepting a reduced role. Even from a fan perspective, when that article came out (I know which one you're talking about) the general reaction seemed to be sympathy for him, rather than the usual blind hatred Toronto fans have towards any players who leave. As I said, mentally he's got issues, but I could still see a team taking a chance on him on a short deal.

I always thought he got too much pressure here in St. Louis. They expected him to be Jim Edmonds v 2.0, which was ridiculous. So you had a situation where he has pressure from the media, fan base, etc. because Lunhow was pretty much shouting from the mountaintops that he's going to be a superstar.

Then you had TLR, which is "my way or the highway", and Tony Rasmus who pretty much controlled every aspect of Colby's career. Then you had Colby who time and time again would complain about his playing time. Or the fact that the field coaches would constantly be in his ear for not listening. Or his batting approach, and changing his stance to get to the ball quicker.

I hope he does well in Houston. Your right on the mentality end, but I can't hate the guy too much. He basically was the reason the Cards won the WS in 2011 after we traded him to rebuild our bullpen.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Now that the Colby deal is official and waiting on Vogelsong.

The question is who gets moved next to make room on the 40 man roster.

Corporan is probably first to go.

Top Bottom