• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Scutaro DFA'd.

cT26IlR.gif

jbug617

Banned
Sounds like Jeff Hoffman (last yr 9th overall pick) will be the compensation for Duquette. Seems very high because I remember MLB wouldn't let the Red Sox get a better prospect from the Cubs to let Theo go.

zulux21

Sounds like Jeff Hoffman (last yr 9th overall pick) will be the compensation for Duquette. Seems very high because I remember MLB wouldn't let the Red Sox get a better prospect from the Cubs to let Theo go.

well it is a Blue Jays draft pick, you have to go back to 2009 to find a pick that has done anything meaningful in the majors (Yan Gomes ) back to 2005 for the next one after that (Ricky Romero) and all the way back to 2003 to find someone drafted by them that has a WAR over 10 (Aaron Hill)

maybe MLB felt like jeff hoffman would likely be a bust anyways so why not allow it.

to be fair the team i root for (chicago white sox) haven't done much better if you ignore the existence of chris sale.

I so want to go back to 2008 and tell cubs fans that in 2015 the white sox would sign Geovany Soto for a dirt cheap contract and see how they react when they discover this to be the truth today :p

Update on Vogey:
Ryan Vogelsong Likely To Return To Giants

3:22pm: The Giants and Vogelsong are working toward a one-year deal, and it seems likely to happen, tweets Hank Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
Bring on the 6-man rotation!

That seems a little steep. Hoffman is recovering from surgery, but apparently he has great stuff. The odds are against him working out, but it still seems like way too much for a front office guy.

Scherzer contract breakdown:

2015: $10 million
2016: $15 million
2017: $15 million
2018: $15 million
2019: $35 million
2020: $35 million
2021: $35 million

$50 million signing bonus to be spread out throughout the contract.

$105 million of deferred money to be paid through 2021-2028.

There isn't a no-trade clause at all.

Surely this won't blow up in their face.

BFIB

That Boras magic. Odds are the Nats were bidding against themselves too.

Braves sign Jonny Gomes to a 1-year, $4 million deal. $3 million vesting option for 2016.

Projected 2015 Lineup:

1. Nick Markakis - RF
2. B.J. Upton - CF
3. Freddie Freeman - 1B
4. Chris Johnson - 3B
5. Jonny Gomes - LF
6. Alberto Callaspo - 2B
7. Andrelton Simmons - SS
8. Christian Bethancourt - C

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves sign Jonny Gomes to a 1-year, $4 million deal. $3 million vesting option for 2016.

Projected 2015 Lineup:

1. Nick Markakis - RF
2. B.J. Upton - CF
3. Freddie Freeman - 1B
4. Chris Johnson - 3B
5. Jonny Gomes - LF
6. Alberto Callaspo - 2B
Freeman to play 162 games confirmed.

Malvingt2

Projected 2015 Lineup:

1. Nick Markakis - RF
2. B.J. Upton - CF
3. Freddie Freeman - 1B
4. Chris Johnson - 3B
5. Jonny Gomes - LF
6. Alberto Callaspo - 2B

We are going to get the worst record in MLB correct? :/

Mariners uniform notes:

The regular uniforms will reverse the silver and northwest green highlights around names and numbers, this actually looks really nice. Also adding striped stirrups.

New alternates are the same logo design as the current uniforms but with the old school blue and yellow color scheme and cream instead of white.

B8DkRb5CMAAP0tk.jpg

B8DiztXCEAA9JC9.jpg

B8DhmjQCUAEjaBW.jpg

B8DhmjeCMAAEFzX.jpg

B8DhtOtCAAAuSgq.jpg

Chris R

I think I'm buying a hat.

Hope I'm able to work something out with my boss so I can go down to Seattle to watch a few more games this year (along with TI5).

question is... if he is an every day starter, can he get 156 hits this season?

Good question. NL East is a joke of a division but the Mets and Nats do have some nasty starters. On the flip side, the Phillies and Braves are terrible.

I'll say probably not but I had him down to play another season anyway.

Papelbon is demanding that his $13 million option for 2016 be executed if he waives his no-trade clause. Negotiations between the Phillies and Brewers about how much each team would pay of his 2016 option is currently what is holding up the trade.

The Brewers are on the list of 17 teams on Papelbon's no-trade list, so he must approve the deal.

Top Bottom