• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

How was I completely unaware at the fact that GAF had an MLB thread?

How was I stupid enough to not use the search function and I've been a member here for a year and a half?

TL;DR: I'm a Braves fan

aFIGurANT

The real question with Rasmus is whether he will go back to being Colby "Predator" Rasmus or not. I know what the ladies want and it looks like this:

colby-rasmus-is-a-fashion-forward-icon11.jpg

The Astros have gotten a lot of more talent this offseason. Stuck in a good division though.
Wish they were in the NL Central still, Cubs-Stros rivalry would be pretty great.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The Astros have gotten a lot of more talent this offseason. Stuck in a good division though.
Wish they were in the NL Central still, Cubs-Stros rivalry would be pretty great.

And there's lots of talent to come.

Wish they were still in the NL too, miss that division. Some great games were played, not anywhere near the intensity in the AL West (Yet).

This year is going to be a good year.

8m8 minutes ago

Source: Astros and Rangers have agreed on trade for Carlos Corporan. Player(s) being informed.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
A-Rod working with Barry Bonds:

Alex Rodriguez, trying to make the comeback of the century, has gotten a few tips from the best hitter since Ted Williams.

Barry Bonds, who spent time tutoring Giants hitters last season — Michael Morse credited Bonds after his majestic pinch homer in the pennant clincher — has broadened his teachings to other players. One of his students, Dexter Fowler, was traded Monday from the Astros to the Cubs.

Bonds’ latest pupil has been out of the game since 2013, has hip issues and turns 40 in July, but Rodriguez is gung ho about returning to the Yankees and is all ears around Bonds. A-Rod posted on Instagram two photos of him swinging a bat with these words: “Starting the year in the cage.”

Turns out the photos were taken in San Rafael at the Future Prospects facility owned and run by Charles Scott, Bonds’ friend and Arizona State teammate who played nine seasons in the minors and scouted for nine more with the Rays, Diamondbacks and Nationals. There, Bonds has worked with A-Rod as he did with Morse, Pablo Sandoval, Brandon Crawford and other Giants during his week-long stint in Scottsdale last spring.

A couple of sources — actually buddies whose kids train at the facility — tipped me off to the Bonds-Rodriguez sessions, which obviously made quite a few up-and-comers do a double take. The kids looked, listened and admired the all-time home run leader working with the onetime heir apparent, proprietors of a combined 1,416 homers talking ball.

Ex-Giants infielder Kevin Frandsen also was spotted at the facility, which has become a cool hangout for pros to train while youngsters hone their skills nearby. I’m told A-Rod, coming off his yearlong drug suspension, looked good after a couple of weeks at the facility, but it’s uncertain how much, if at all, he’ll play next season.

It can’t hurt to be a Bonds client. For A-Rod, it’s obviously about the present and getting the best tutoring available, his and Bonds’ association with the steroid era notwithstanding, and about acing a comeback, which could include an assist from the home run king.

Basewars is the best NES game.

Baseball Stars is second. ;p

Baseball Simulator 1.000 >

That moon stadium though.

Also for anyone who is into uniform stuff the Mariners are unveiling new Sunday alternates this Friday. Lots of speculation about a throw back to the 80s blue and yellow.

aFIGurANT

Scutaro DFA'd.

Dude was the GOAT the last part of '12 and I'll always have him to thank for giving me my first fantasy trophy with that killer BA off the waiver wire. It is kind of funny that the Giants gave him that contract for what he did the one half-season, though. In retrospect it's a good example of why you don't double-down on the guys who had their best season and gave you a ring but who won't ever replicate that magic.

Sanjuro

I wouldn't say Scutaro is done, there is no on field evidence pushing that narrative. All this move does is see if another team will bite on his contract, if not allowing them to move him down to the minors for some rehab.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Bud Selig says St. Louis is the best baseball city

But Selig's proclamation is troubling for one simple reason: St. Louis baseball fans already deem themselves the "best fans in baseball" and have no trouble reminding others about that. Now they're going to be feeling themselves extra hard.

Many baseball fans in other parts of the country will tell you Selig's opinion doesn't mean much and he can kick rocks come Jan. 25 when new commish Rob Manfred takes over. Cardinals fans, however, will have no problem reminding us of Selig's parting gift for years to come.

Brace yourself, people in every other MLB city.

Top Bottom