• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Macattk15

Are The M's going to get their offense back with that uni?

The Mariners scored 1 more run than the Yankees last year.

Probably cause of Cano solely. Suck on that Yankees!

I'm contemplating buying a Seager jersey in that new style ... cause why the fuck not. I live in Connecticut though so I could only rep it proudly at Fenway and Yankee Stadium as I usually do with my old Ichiro jersey ...

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so I just found this book at my brother-in-law's house.

CC takes over Santa Claus's job. He brings in Stenbrenner to run the operation. Stienbrenner brings in former players back as slave labor.

q3ZXXLD.jpg

XPNqCn8.jpg

xdYdc1N.jpg

7uK6ZNf.jpg

31k4Xg1.jpg

alb6Sz4.jpg

tPUbOej.jpg

RDStJo8.jpg

1QtiLfh.jpg

uOGubmJ.jpg

Well they were 19th in wRC+ last season, so it's not like they were the worst or anything. They were only slightly behind playoff darlings the Royals.

Fangraphs has them projected at 4.2 runs per game for 2015, good for 4th in the AL.
Wouldn't be surprised. Should be a nice offense.

Chris R

If the pitching is as good as it was most of last year I think we have a chance to make the playoffs, and that's all I want.

dabig2

Just heard the news and wanted to come in here and say RIP Mr Cub. Legend. My parents loved the guy. Too bad he couldn't live to see the Cubs win a 'chip (well, I doubt any of us will).

BFIB

I was born hating the Cubs, but you can't hate Ernie Banks.

RIP to one of the more underrated players, and condolences Cubbie fans. :(

jakncoke

Banned
Too bad Ernie couldnt see a Cubs WS but then again no one can live forever waiting

edit; Ernie Banks salary in his rookie season was 2000

Duke Snider was making 26k
Stan Musial 75k (TSN claims 80)
Robin Roberts 37.5

Clayton Kershaw and his wife had a baby girl yesterday named Cali Ann Kershaw.

I wonder if his seed carries his talent. Imagine a Kershaw bloodline full of amazing pitchers. The Dodgers may have figured out a way to build an entire pitching staff full of Kershaws.

Yay, Amazon bumped up my delivery estimate for Baseball Prospectus to Wednesday. I will be reading player bios on the terlet this coming Wednesday.

Clayton Kershaw and his wife had a baby girl yesterday named Cali Ann Kershaw.

I wonder if his seed carries his talent. Imagine a Kershaw bloodline full of amazing pitchers. The Dodgers may have figured out a way to build an entire pitching staff full of Kershaws.

Was she full term or did they take her out after 7 (months)?

@richardjustice: "Mets fans have been waiting all winter for me to introduce a SS."-Sandy Alderson presenting award to Cal Ripken

Sandys a troll

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jeff Passan said:
This is very telling: I ran Rob Manfred's idea to limit defensive shifts by two sabermetrically inclined GMs -- and both said they agree.

Both essentially said same thing: The game is better when the casual fans gets the product they want. Big concern baseball isn't delivering.

To paraphrase: Who do casual fans want to see compete, Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout or Andrew Friedman and Jerry Dipoto?

Another GM: "At some point we can't pretend our game is divine and will fix itself. It is getting boring."

Another suggestion that didn't get traction at GM meetings but could be on the table: Relief pitchers must pitch to more than one batter.

The idea: The platoon advantage has, in many ways, turned the sixth through ninth innings into a strikeout festival. Could mitigate it some.

So much awfulness.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
He said he was open to banning defensive shifts. /boothisman.gif

edit: oh god so much more. fuck this guy

Top Bottom