• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

He's not a good closer, like not at all. Easy to say now but if you put Maness in earlier with one out and a guy on first, you probably have better odds. Trevor's peripherals are disgusting.
Trevor is great when he's on

Matheny needs to recognize when he isn't and pull him

obvious his command wasn't there after the first batter, even if he got the K

geeko

Bad bullpen, bad!

Better a split than two games down. We need to be better if we expect to win the world series. Gg cards.

aFIGurANT

Trevor is great when he's on

Matheny needs to recognize when he isn't and pull him

obvious his command wasn't there after the first batter, even if he got the K

He's pretty much never on, though. Having watched pretty much every game and also consulting his WHIP (1.41), I think we can say he lets teams back in way too much. The only saving grace is a really low HR rate but that's probably because batters are too busy watching balls scatter all around the outside of the zone to get into one.

Closer by committee seems the best option to me right now, but maybe it's crazy to make that kind of change this late. Either way I never feel like the end of the pen is solid.

BFIB

He's pretty much never on, though. Having watched pretty much every game and also consulting his WHIP (1.41), I think we can say he lets teams back in way too much. The only saving grace is a really low HR rate but that's probably because batters are too busy watching balls scatter all around the outside of the zone to get into one.

Closer by committee seems the best option to me right now, but maybe it's crazy to make that kind of change this late. Either way I never feel like the end of the pen is solid.
Put CMart in the closer role. Should have been there months ago.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Actually, that's kind of odd. He cut his GB% down by 6% but also cut his HR/9 in half year-over-year. I mean, a 3% HR/FB% will do that, but still...

He strikes out a lot of batters too, something like 11/9 this season. I feel like he gets BABIP'd a lot but that's actually down from last year so I don't know. It's still pretty high though

Top Bottom