• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Postseason |OT| Where Chokes Happen™

Damn, still reeling from Saturday's game. I watched the Ravens dominate the Bucs and look great, and I barely could muster a thumbs up.

And as for that JR Orioles post....come on, can't be real. What I can say is that the media really has forced a David vs Goliath storyline onto this series and have made the Orioles out to be some kind of playoff regular, dominant team. It's annoying, and we, as a fanbase, are totally not used to it. I get that one ALCS appearance in 31 years is better than none, but there shouldn't be a "this team deserved it" put on one team over the other. Both teams deserve it, and it's really nice that someone different will be representing the AL. NL, on the other hand.

But I get what JR Orioles is saying, kind of.....he's jealous. I am too. Orioles would have been the underdog, national darlings, and every unaffilliated fan of baseball would have supported us. It would have been nice, but there were probably only two teams that could pull the underdog against the O's, and that be KC and Seattle.

11 years ago today:

a_560x375.jpg

seventeen days later, he was my Halloween costume

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Damn, still reeling from Saturday's game. I watched the Ravens dominate the Bucs and look great, and I barely could muster a thumbs up.

And as for that JR Orioles post....come on, can't be real. What I can say is that the media really has forced a David vs Goliath storyline onto this series and have made the Orioles out to be some kind of playoff regular, dominant team. It's annoying, and we, as a fanbase, are totally not used to it. I get that one ALCS appearance in 31 years is better than none, but there shouldn't be a "this team deserved it" put on one team over the other. Both teams deserve it, and it's really nice that someone different will be representing the AL. NL, on the other hand.

But I get what JR Orioles is saying, kind of.....he's jealous. I am too. Orioles would have been the underdog, national darlings, and every unaffilliated fan of baseball would have supported us. It would have been nice, but there were probably only two teams that could pull the underdog against the O's, and that be KC and Seattle.
Not sure I agree about the Seattle part.

lol Ned. How you gonna get fired but stay at your job?

It'll be interesting to see what Friedman does (if anything) with some of the high price pieces on that roster.

BFIB

I'm expecting nothing but terrible from the Cards in these games in San Fran. They play terrible there.

see5harp

I was seriously about to post how both pitchers looking good early but Lackey already at 18 pitches. If Ishikawa comes through here I might have to go against my "no rooting for american born asians rule."

EDIT: Whelp go Asian Americans!!

BFIB

Hudson getting that low outside call is going to keep those lefty bats at bay. With losing Molina, playing our worst that we play in that ballpark, this might not even get back to St. Louis.

Hudson getting that low outside call is going to keep those lefty bats at bay. With losing Molina, playing our worst that we play in that ballpark, this might not even get back to St. Louis.
We're just spotting them an early lead so the inevitable comeback hurts that much more. Got to pay them back for 2012.

yeah, we're fucked

Afrikan

Even though Wong hit that game winning home run against us and even though he might still fuck us this series.... I don't think I can hate this guy as much as that other Hawaiian Baseball Player/Bitch.

Top Bottom