• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
Man. Going back to the old red font uniforms makes this Mo Vaughn Day celebration feel even more real.

i bitch about it every year, why not just a patch? everyone wearing 42 with no name is irritating. or put 42 on the front of the jersey.

zychi

Banned
Well, at least Pedi is officially back. Makes me happy if I go Thur

I'm glad the ten people in attendance could witness the Napoli injury.

What the fuck Chicago...

Wait til Thur game. It'll be even more empty cuz the Hawks are on at the same time for the playoffs

zulux21

I'm glad the ten people in attendance could witness the Napoli injury.

What the fuck Chicago...

the team isn't expected to go anywhere and it's 35 degrees, most people don't want to go freeze their balls off to watch a team that isn't expected to do anything, especially when the red sox are in town because the red sox fans that decide to go to chicago for the game are easily some of the worst fans in sports period (raging assholes who do nothing but talk(yell) shit and try to pick fights).... I will never go to a red sox white sox game again personally... fool me once maybe it was just a bad group, fool me twice... hmmm they might just be bad fans.... fool me three times... screw ever going to another one.

Sanjuro

Well, at least Pedi is officially back. Makes me happy if I go Thur

Hopefully it doesn't snow.

the team isn't expected to go anywhere and it's 35 degrees, most people don't want to go freeze their balls off to watch a team that isn't expected to do anything, especially when the red sox are in town because the fans that decide to go to chicago for the game are easily some of the worst fans in sports period (raging assholes who do nothing but talk(yell) shit and try to pick fights).... I will never go to a red sox white sox game again personally... fool me once maybe it was just a bad group, fool me twice... hmmm they might just be bad fans.... fool me three times... screw ever going to another one.

White Sox fans are already known to be flakey. People aren't there tonight because their dicks are all frozen off.

zulux21

White Sox fans are already known to be flakey. People aren't there tonight because their dicks are all frozen off.

won't deny it, we aren't like cubs fans that will blindly pay for tickets no matter what sort of team is thrown on the field... if the sox aren't winning sox fans aren't there :p

The new movement towards speed might help though... the main reason I stop watching them is because when they aren't winning it's because everyone is striking out because people like dunn are the main scoring guys... with speed it can still be fun to watch, as it rarely slumps unlike hitting/power.

zychi

Banned
won't deny it, we aren't like cubs fans that will blindly pay for tickets no matter what sort of team is thrown on the field... if the sox aren't winning sox fans aren't there :p

The new movement towards speed might help though... the main reason I stop watching them is because when they aren't winning it's because everyone is striking out because people like dunn are the main scoring guys... with speed it can still be fun to watch, as it rarely slumps unlike hitting/power.

I'm not trying to start anything, but White Sox fans don't show up to playoff games either. A few years ago(I wanna say '08) the place was basically empty. Maybe 2 years ago, WS had an opportunity to make the playoffs if they won the series against whoever it was at the end of the year(prolly twins or tigers). Empty Cell.

edit: and every "White Sox fan" I've spoken to who was at the WS games, had no idea Alexia was doing so good this year, and that Beckham basically got benched.

Sanjuro

If they play, thats all I care about. Ive sat in -35 wind chill Bear games, and rain/snow/sleet Cubs openers.

Hell, I was at the Hawks Soldier Field game and that was a blast.

You're supposed to be cold as balls at a football game!

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the 60 degree weather at the game I went to this past Wednesday.

zychi

Banned
You're supposed to be cold as balls at a football game!

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the 60 degree weather at the game I went to this past Wednesday.

I was at the Cubs game last Thurs, and wore a longsleeve shirt and jeans. Shit was fun as hell, and I really thought Spring was finally here :/

Meier

Ugh, Beckett was hurling.. can't believe he put him on after being up like that. Sheesh.

Dude still has a wicked curve ball.

zulux21

I'm not trying to start anything, but White Sox fans don't show up to playoff games either. A few years ago(I wanna say '08) the place was basically empty. Maybe 2 years ago, WS had an opportunity to make the playoffs if they won the series against whoever it was at the end of the year(prolly twins or tigers). Empty Cell.

edit: and every "White Sox fan" I've spoken to who was at the WS games, had no idea Alexia was doing so good this year, and that Beckham basically got benched.

As far as I know every single playoff game at comiskey has sold out... I wasn't there in 08 so I can't say for sure though. at the very least the videos are packed with people :p

as for alexei he is doing great, but you are quite mistaken if you think Beckham got benched. Beckham is injured and still down in the minors rehabbing, and was recently delayed again because the pain still hasn't gone away. PS: I was at one of the world series games at least :p

This game is going to go 20 innings.

the white sox bullpen is so shitty they will walk in a run for boston to win well before the 20th inning.

for the record I wish the white sox fans were more like the cubs fans in the sense of blinding going to games, more money to pay a better team is always good :p
i'm to far away to regularly go to games or I would go to some.

zulux21

heh, I just realized that if you add both chicago teams payrolls together they still don't make a top 5 payroll in baseball lol.

I didn't realize the cubs payroll was so low this year.

Sanjuro

Well, fuck that game. In other news...

KTYILVQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom