• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Its so cool seeing the Cards lose close games so early in the season. These are games that come August you look back and realize you needed that win.

Doogdogg

Pineda got slapped on the wrist the previous time. The rule of thumb; just don't broadcast it for the world to see (again). He chose to ignorantly display it.

Doogdogg

Mets have some awesome names in their pen tonight: Dice-k & Farnsworth

Really? Hope Dice-K can find a niche as a reliever. He's got swing and miss stuff, just throw strikes.

zulux21

watched the video of the pitcher cheating... my only thought...
how wasn't it caught earlier... it showed up like crazy on the broadcast due to the lights reflecting unnaturally against the tar.

in other news, i'm a little sad that the white sox game is so early tomorrow... I have to work so I can't watch and see if the white sox get to do the unthinkable... be above .500 and in first place after Easter....

No one would have predicted such a feat at the beginning of the season... NO ONE!

While, if you go back and search you can see :p, I expected the white sox to be a .500 team this year... I wasn't expecting what I got so far. I wasn't expecting a crazy offense with horrible pitching... though the offense seems to be cooling down a little, but the pitching also seems to be getting a little better.... They might actually end up a few games above .500 (assuming sale is a starter for the rest of the year after he returns from the DL) which the way the AL central is going might be enough to win it... (currently first place is only 1.5 games in front of last... it's nice and tight)

I turned on the game late and wondered why Pineda was done after only two runs. I thought it was because he was injured or just looked really bad.

Goddamn it, how do you put it on your *neck* though? If you're gonna cheat w/ pine tar, at least put it in your glove or something.

Parch

I love Girardi's continued "Pine tar? I dunno. I ain't seen nuthin'" defense as well. So pathetic.
The team should be fined as well. When it's in such an obvious location there is no way the coaches and teammates could not see it. The team obviously condoned the cheating.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Fucking Bedard. Bullpen is gassed after last night and he can't even throw strikes.

Please let Lueke throw 7 innings today so his arm literally falls off.

Everybody is a cheater then

Yes yes, if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. But who's as blatant about it as Pineda? are the Yankees blind and really that arrogant?

joe-girardi-turns-espn-camera-focused-on-michael-pineda.gif

Parch

Ten game suspension for Pineda.
So 2 starts? If getting away with cheating contributes to 10 wins, seems like a reasonable gamble. Just don't be a bloody idiot by making it so blatently obvious you big goof and thinking you should be able to get away with it. Yankee arrogance?

harSon

Banned
I don't see us making it over .500 at this point.

I'm struggling to see many positives within our team at this point. Cutch is Cutch, Neil Walker is playing well and Edinson Volquez has been another career turnaround success for us, but outside of that? I'm not seeing much to warrant confidence. Our starting pitching is crap outside of Cole and Volquez, and Liriano to a lesser extent. Charlie Morton has regressed considerably, and unlike Liriano, I'm not seeing anything that suggests he's pitching better than his stats suggest. Wandy has been a huge disappointment, and with Taillon going down with TJ, there's no help in sight.

Our offense is downright disgraceful. Marte is alright, but still strikes out too often. Alvarez is Alvarez, ie. mediocre BA (one week is great, next week you're contemplating suicide) with HR power - which is cool except for the fact that the rest of our offense ain't shit. RF is horse shit between Tabata and Snider, but at least we have Polanco on the way. It's one of the few positions where I can see light at the end of the tunnel. SS and 1B are a HUGE problem though, just as they were heading into the season. I thought we had an answer in Mercer, but he's taken a HUGE step back this season, and Barmes is Barmes - ie. a huge offensive void. And 1B is downright disgraceful with the Ike Davis/Sanchez platoon. We need considerable help at those positions...

And our bullpen is just flat out disappointing. Last season I had 100% confidence that our bullpen would preserve a win, and now I'm praying to baby Jesus that our pitchers last long enough and our offense scores enough runs (LOL, yeah right) for us to squeek out a win. Grilli has been God awful since coming back from his injury last season, and has single handedly lost us three games already.

Last season we found success with stellar pitching, sound defense, a clutch bullpen and not making mistakes when it counts. We're literally mediocre in all of the above at this point.

Life sucks :(

Sanjuro

Fuck Boston. I hope you clowns finish in last place.

The council has fallen apart I see. Didn't take long.

So 2 starts? If getting away with cheating contributes to 10 wins, seems like a reasonable gamble. Just don't be a bloody idiot by making it so blatently obvious you big goof and thinking you should be able to get away with it. Yankee arrogance?

Basically one start, might be two if Joe just skips him.

Syrinx

3 of 4 from the Cards. Very good starting pitching in this series, which is definitely encouraging. Offense still sucks though; 9 runs in a 4-game series isn't going to get you 3 out of 4 very often. But I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom