• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parch

The injuries are really starting pile up again. Drives us fantasy geeks crazy. It's a real bitch to lose a top pick to injuries.
Plus when you're also counting on the young guys with all the potential hype to produce but they're playing like complete crap, it's real test of patience.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Noooo... not Votto too...

fuck this life

I felt like he was just starting to return to old form after the knee injury in 2012. This sucks.

zulux21

I wonder what the fallout would be if what happened in my mlb the show game happened in real life.

My player was rookie of the year, and won all of the post season MVPs....
my team then was on willing to sign me to a major league contract, and I only managed to play my way to a bench player where I have been getting just 1 at bat per game late in the game :/

The injuries are really starting pile up again. Drives us fantasy geeks crazy. It's a real bitch to lose a top pick to injuries.
Plus when you're also counting on the young guys with all the potential hype to produce but they're playing like complete crap, it's real test of patience.

yeah it's a weird year for those, even my team which usually isn't hit to ahrd with injuries has them piling up @_@

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Time to breathe a little easier. Votto's MRI only showed a quad strain, no damage to knee and he will avoid the DL. Probably sit out a few starts.

cashman

Banned
Time to breathe a little easier. Votto's MRI only showed a quad strain, no damage to knee and he will avoid the DL. Probably sit out a few starts.

Whew. A big relief to one of my other fantasy teams. I've had Braun, Anibal, Mesoraco and Cobb all miss a lot of time with injuries. The good news is that most of them will be back by this weekend and everybody back by the end of the month.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Marlins reportedly close to signing Miguel Tejada:

ESPN Deportes’ Enrique Rojas reports the Marlins are close to signing the six-time All-Star and 2002 AL MVP to a minor-league contract.

The 39-year-old Tejada hit .288 with three home runs and 20 RBI in 53 games for the Kansas City Royals last season before being suspended for 105 games after testing positive for amphetamines.

Tejada’s suspension is the third-longest non-lifetime ban in Major League history, only surpassed by Alex Rodriguez’s 165-game suspension for his role in the Biogenesis clinic scandal and Steve Howe’s 119-day suspension in 1992 for substance abuse.

Tejada must still sit the final 64 games of his 105-game suspension. Another failed drug test could result in a lifetime ban for Tejada.

Has anything that's happened in the last few years given you reason to hope that the Jays wouldn't be hit hard by injuries and/or that the "prospects" would actually produce? Until they get off the concrete at Rogers Centre, everyone's going to be constantly injured.

cashman

Banned
@scottrlucas
Follow
Joseph Effing Gallo has three homers tonight. Last one a moon shot. 17 on season. Now batting .345/.451/.791.

At least the Rangers have some good news.

Can't wait for 2019 when the Cubs might actually start somewhat attempting to win. Why couldn't they just let Mark Cuban buy the team? Tom Ricketts, boo!

Can't wait for 2019 when the Cubs might actually start somewhat attempting to win. Why couldn't they just let Mark Cuban buy the team? Tom Ricketts, boo!

Yeah I don't really like the Ricketts too tbh. But we are rebuilding, I think we can be competitive in the next few years though with some really awesome specs coming up. I'd rather build this team up with prospects then have to go shopping in free agency.

cashman

Banned
Some more cool and fun Rangers #twitterfacts

Anthony Andro ‏@aandro 18m
Rangers have only three wins when they’ve allowed more than three runs.

see5harp

Sandoval for Donaldson

Do it before he leaves

Damn I wish I would have said something. He was going to speak at a conference so I didn't want to bother him. I did say FUCKING BILLY BEANE though.

Edit: okay I've snuck into the lecture hall. Everyone in suits but billy beane is just talking about baseball. This is pretty awesome.

Yeah I don't really like the Ricketts too tbh. But we are rebuilding, I think we can be competitive in the next few years though with some really awesome specs coming up. I'd rather build this team up with prospects then have to go shopping in free agency.

It doesn't have to be an either/or proposition though. One of the things that Theo Epstein stressed in his first press conference after being hired by the Cubs was the concept of dual fronts whereby you build the farm system while also improving the big league club. Ultimately I think Ricketts put himself too far in debt when he bought the team and he was counting on the stadium renovations to get pushed through quickly to generate extra revenue and obviously that has not happened. I think there are also plans to eventually make some big bucks off a new TV deal but from what I understand that can't happen until 2019 at the earliest.

You can't build a consistent, contending team on prospects alone. Not all of them will turn out, no matter how highly they are regarded. The farm system is important but you need to mix it with some shrewd FA moves as well.

rando14

JPA has a .415 OPS?

WopamUc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom