• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

Did you, really? You're not clowning us right?

If not that's a good one!

I'll post a picture. I had my video rolling but mostly I just wanted to see the guy talk about a'a stuff. But yes I asked and I also said that "Im a giants fan but still go to a's games because they are so cheap." He clowned on me for the intro too by saying "maybe you are cheap." I didn't care about getting burned though. The whole room was laughing and I just got to hear an hour of billy beane for free.

It is a shame about Jose Fernandez and the Marlins. They were starting to play well and was in 1st place when the injury occurred. Marlins are still going to make noise this year and hopefully it is a springboard for next year. Now we just need to get rid of Loria as owner.

aFIGurANT

I'll post a picture. I had my video rolling but mostly I just wanted to see the guy talk about a'a stuff. But yes I asked and I also said that "Im a giants fan but still go to a's games because they are so cheap." He clowned on me for the intro too by saying "maybe you are cheap." I didn't care about getting burned though. The whole room was laughing and I just got to hear an hour of billy beane for free.

Can't wait for that pic. I should expect like a sexier version of Brad Pitt, right?

Chuck

Still without luck
why the hell is this guy still pitching for the giants? It's been clear for a while he's not getting it done.

why the hell is this guy still pitching for the giants? It's been clear for a while he's not getting it done.

Are you talking about Casilla or Petit?

Petit because the Giants don't have a choice there's no one else who seems to be MLB ready(There is Jason Berken who is doing decent for the Grizzlies but his MLB stats over his career are less than desirable) in their farm system and he's a decent 6th starter/spot starter.

If you're talking about Casilla then I strongly disagree with you. Before tonight he'd only had given up 2ER over 18 games (22.1 IP) with 15 strikeouts and just 7 walks. Most of the time he has incredibly nasty stuff but this is baseball, everyone is going to have a bad/mediocre night. Not to mention that Casilla has been one of the better relievers in baseball since joining the Giants. According to Baseball-reference he has the second highest WAR of their relievers with 0.9 (Jean Machi is in first place with 1.0). Lastly, he was lights out in the playoffs and World Series in 2012 which is a nice thing for Bochy to have in his pocket.

Tough loss tonight that's for sure. I really like this Yelich kid on the Marlins, whenever they do their next firesale I'd be totally OK with the Giants trying to pick him up since it's looking like Gary Brown is going to fade away and not become what I had hoped he would. I really hope Tim Hudson ends up being fine, he's the surprise ace of the team and has definitely brought a huge boost to the team.

Blearth

Banned
All this World Cup hype got me thinking about the WBC.

What if every four years the MLB season was shortened so that the WBC could be played in April after Spring training.

I think that would finally get the best players in uniform for their countries.

carlos

wow, that was a terrible call, Molina grabbed the ball in the batters box, and no one can review that bullshit. At the very least they could've argued that he impeded the batter from running to first.

All this World Cup hype got me thinking about the WBC.

What if every four years the MLB season was shortened so that the WBC could be played in April after Spring training.

I think that would finally get the best players in uniform for their countries.

Never happening. No way MLB would willingly give up that much revenue. Plus putting it right after spring training would mean that you'd have all the players ready, only to have them sit around for a few weeks.

Best case scenario if you want a WBC with all the best players would be if they emulated hockey and the Olympics, and took a break in the middle of the season. That would mean either starting spring training and the regular season earlier, or having the playoffs run well into November, or both.

zroid

Banned
Don't be a douchebag.

image.php

aFIGurANT

Fuck all umps

Fuck replay

I'm out

The umps have been consistently bad this series. I think it gets magnified when every RISP opportunity is rare and so you can't blame Braves fans for today's fair ball call, BUT, Bourjos was robbed of an at bat in a very similar scenario last night. Throw in the fact that he and Matheny were tossed and you're about even, given that Gonzalez was tossed twice himself.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The umps have been consistently bad this series. I think it gets magnified when every RISP opportunity is rare and so you can't blame Braves fans for today's fair ball call, BUT, Bourjos was robbed of an at bat in a very similar scenario last night. Throw in the fact that he and Matheny were tossed and you're about even, given that Gonzalez was tossed twice himself.

I'm allowed to be touchy about bad calls in games against the Cardinals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom