• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

It's never...ever orge.

2Es3d9M.jpg

Sanjuro

Hipster Manager is crying during the press conference.

"I don't take exception to teams stealing bases with leads...

...but, during the playoffs last year, Jacoby stole a base."

All doing this while making eye contact with the camera lens. :jnc

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Braves system catchers combined have 30 HRs.

Evan Gattis
Brian McCann
Jarrod Saltalamacchia
Brayan Pena
Tyler Flowers

I've always wanted to sit down and map out the team-by-team origins of all active players, to see if there are certain teams that stand out, but man who has time for that?

I've always wanted to sit down and map out the team-by-team origins of all active players, to see if there are certain teams that stand out, but man who has time for that?

Another time I thought about this was 2002 and pitchers.

Of the top 30 in ERA that Qualified.

Tom Glavine
Odalis Perez
Kevin Millwood
Damian Moss
Jason Schmidt

all were Braves system guys. % says 1 per team 3%. Braves supplied 17%.

+ John Smoltz had 55 saves and was traded for while a minor leaguer.

CygnusXS

When he plays. I know he's been sick lately but this guy is sitting on the bench way too often.

Well he got the flu twice. Outside of normal catcher off-days, I can't think of any other missed time. He missed some in spring training with leg soreness, but I don't think that spread to the regular season.

Syrinx

Mejia going to pitch both games of the doubleheader.

Uh-oh.

Not that I'd be more comfortable with Valverde or anybody else, really.

CygnusXS

BJ Upton just went 6 days and 25 PAs without striking out, and when he does it's on a borderline called strike.

Miracles can happen.

BJ Upton just went 6 days and 25 PAs without striking out, and when he does it's on a borderline called strike.

Miracles can happen.

Uggla is still barf but even worse. I thought, well, his solidly mediocre defense keeps La Stella from being called up.

Dan Uggla has been barfing on defense as well.

Tommy La Stella was off his usual stroll to 1st pace for a bit but has gotten back to his great 2013 form recently.

Uggs BB/PA is .064 and a total of 5 XBH same as Ramiro Pena.
La Stella .130

Stella is Hitting .294 and doesn't seem the quickest cat so not a lot of dribblers he beats out.

I think you need to give a guy 6 weeks to be fair with a sample size.

They gave him a month and his bits in May have been EVEN WORSE.

I like Ramiro Peña's Pete Orr-esk magic moments. But he is only an improvement over dog doo.

Doogdogg

Why is it always the Red Sox, Cardinals and Yankees on ESPN sunday baseball? Red Sox have 3 more appearance left, Cardinals the same.

Meier

Thrilled for Josh. I knew it had been a long time since the Dodgers threw a no-no but had no clue it had been almost 20 years. Wow.

Meier

Waino is really good at this baseball thing.

He's a keeper in my fantasy league. This was my weekly matchup.. lol.

OA5tEh1.png

4 of my players on offense are on the DL and 1 pitcher is. Thankfully my starters are very deep (Wainwright, Iwakuma [keepers], Beckett, Wacha, Harang, CJ Wilson).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom