• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hello. I have forgotten all of the minor rules of baseball (what counts as an error, RBI, what is and isn't credited as a hit when a potential error happens).

Does anybody know of a good primer? It's been a while since little league.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hello. I have forgotten all of the minor rules of baseball (what counts as an error, RBI, what is and isn't credited as a hit when a potential error happens).

Feel free to never remember what an RBI is. Best advice: watch games. The announcers will usually help clarify that.

cashman

Banned

For starters this is definitely not an error of any kind but instead a well earned hit.

failrangersfail.gif

sangreal

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2014/official_baseball_rules.pdf

obviously not a good read from start to finish, but is very useful for answering questions like "what counts as an error?" in plain english. Errors are in section 10.12 and it has a long comment explaining all the silly exceptions for mental errors

Mets RHP prospect Noah Syndergaard was put on the disabled list Sunday with mild flexor-pronator strain, the team told reporters.

He is on his way to New York to be examined by team doctors.

<sigh> gee..I wonder whats next.

So far I'm happy with Mejia as the closer. He certainly has the stuff.

snack

So who was at wrong? Was it Ross or Escobar? I'm thinking the Sox are just butthurt about their losing streak so a bench clearing was necessary to fire them up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So who was at wrong? Was it Ross or Escobar? I'm thinking the Sox are just butthurt about their losing streak so a bench clearing was necessary to fire them up.

Obviously its the Red Sox.

Unwritten rules are stupid. A 5 run lead is not some insurmountable lead. I mean crying about a guy stealing a bag while up by 5 is basically admitting you have no chance of scoring 5 runs in an inning which is completely ridiculous.

Yunel should have probably just ignored it but it was pretty outrageous to take offense to a stolen base in that situation.

Enron

Banned
Finally, BJ Upton finally got one to fall. Dude is hitting the piss out of the baseball and somehow still making outs.

And the sox STILL won't take him out, haha

Edit: LOL 8 WALKS

Branduil

MLB changes the Darvish game error to a "hit" after Big Papi acts like a Big Baby. Boston immediately goes on a 10-game losing streak.

I don't feel bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom