• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we know why Ryu almost pitched a perfect game.

jWDY8qCB40S68.jpg

The thirst is real.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Springer is having an insane May :O

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well at least Reds fans were saved the embarrassment of being on the ass end of a perfect game from a 3 hole pitcher.

zroid

Banned
What do you guys think should be done with Rasmus? It's still very early, but I think Gose might end up being the better overall player for this team.

One thing I feel confident in saying is Gose rounds out the lineup better in its current state than Rasmus would. His skill set is simply needed more.

I'm not letting my kids play baseball.

Just don't have them throwing curveballs. Kids don't need to be throwing anything but fastballs in Little League anyway. It's all about placement and control over your velocity. Once they get older, sure, but really what would help is just not throwing every damn day.

Lexxism

One thing I feel confident in saying is Gose rounds out the lineup better in its current state than Rasmus would. His skill set is simply needed more.

What's more Rasmus is going to be expensive this off-season. I think it's much better if they spend that money re-signing Melky than Rasmus.

What's more Rasmus is going to be expensive this off-season. I think it's much better if they spend that money re-signing Melky than Rasmus.

Rasmus is a few years younger than Melky, so he'd probably give them more over the life of the contract...but that said, he's going to be looking for Ellsbury-type money, and he'll be getting paid at least like Upton. No way the Jays can afford that. I hope they can trade him for prospects, and then hand the job over to Gose, or maybe a Gose-Pillar platoon.

rando14

Rasmus is a few years younger than Melky, so he'd probably give them more over the life of the contract...but that said, he's going to be looking for Ellsbury-type money, and he'll be getting paid at least like Upton. No way the Jays can afford that. I hope they can trade him for prospects, and then hand the job over to Gose, or maybe a Gose-Pillar platoon.

LOL what?! Ellsbury money?! No way he'll get anywhere NEAR that, I wouldn't even give him a 1/5 of that

Parch

Yeah, let's not go nuts. Rasmus is far from an elite outfielder.
I thought last year Gose was given the snub. Now he's been up and down all year. He might be green, but he really deserves a full time shot now. Him in the 9 spot really does fill out the lineup nicely.
Good to mention Pillar as well. He's certainly impressed and could easily platoon or be the 4th outfielder.
I would have no problem letting Rasmus walk. Or see if they can move him for an arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom