• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
How Wright is still the NL all-star is beyond me. I agree with Darling and co. (I really enjoy listening to them whenever we matchup) that it should go to McGehee or maybe one of Sandoval/Frazier. That Captain America shit has gotten into the gestalt so hard no one even looks at his paltry BA.

lolol, Negative WAR All Star does have a nice ring to it.

Aw he actually is not negative, but his defense is so abysmal that Wright actually has a higher bwar.

god damnit santana

Na3XQCp.gif

carlos

What a terrible signing Santana has turned out to be, 14 Millions, a lost draft pick, not getting a draft pick at the end of this year since it seems improbable that they would give him a qualifying offer, and a 5+ ERA as well.

Not to mention that the braves could've possibly passed on him and still had enough pitching, if the latest rumors regarding ATL trading a starter are true.

jakncoke

Banned
I was totally going to say before he walked in the run that we'd manage to not get a run in on a bases loaded 1 out with the count 3-2

edit; only 1 run, of course

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The worst thing about Santana being thoroughly mediocre is that it means the Braves aren't getting that pick back.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
So the Cubs are winning more than they lose recently. Should I be excited for meaningless, incremental improvement or should I be pissed at damaging another run at a top draft pick? Although the reality is that I just can't bring myself to care much at all when they routinely play themselves out of contention in April.

2019 or bust?

Enjoy the wins. Draft picks can turn out great from any slot. Free agents don't want to go to a horrendous team.

What a terrible signing Santana has turned out to be, 14 Millions, a lost draft pick, not getting a draft pick at the end of this year since it seems improbable that they would give him a qualifying offer, and a 5+ ERA as well.

Not to mention that the braves could've possibly passed on him and still had enough pitching, if the latest rumors regarding ATL trading a starter are true.

David Hale should have stayed in the rotation.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
As corny as it may sound this series against the pirates could very well be a defining series for the Reds this year. If we can take 2 of 3 or even sweep it would let us slide into 3rd place in the central and give us the jump start we desperately need. Now that we have a healthy lineup it's time to start the engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom