• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Jeff Samardzija, an American League pitcher, was chosen as a National League All-Star. MLB has deemed him ineligible.

wut?

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Jeff Samardzija, an American League pitcher, was chosen as a National League All-Star. MLB has deemed him ineligible.

wut?
He wasn't picked as an Athletic unfortunately, only as a Cub.

Also no Josh Beckett. Thought he'd get in there but I guess having three Dodger pitchers was too many?

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Clayton Kershaw: 87.1 IP, 13 starts, 10-2, 192 ERA+, NL All-Star.
Chris Sale: 87.1 IP, 13 starts, 8-1, 188 ERA+, not an AL All-Star.

Um, why can't Samardzija play? Beltran was allowed to play in 2004 when he was traded to the Astros from the Royals. The stupid homefield advantage crap applied then too.

Anyone else think the very first thing any new commish does the minute they step in office is get rid this stupid home-field decided by the All Star game thing? I get the feeling even Selig knows it's dumb but he's too stubborn and bitter to get rid of it himself. It adds nothing.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope Farrell is serious about winning the game being the only thing that matters.

Jeter should be batting 9th and not actually get an AB.

Friggz

Sad day when the reputation of the All Star Game is sullied when dregs like Jeter are selected as starters.

ALl star game is about seeing the biggest names and most established players. voting in no way should be on the first 6-10 weeks of the season. its a shame MLB is using it as a deciding factor for home field advantage in the world series.

Lucroy is good, but being an All-Star starter has nothing to do with being the best baseball player, it's all about legacy and fluff stories.

and yet he deserved it more than the Derek Jeter this year.. So what is your point?

We have to stop looking at all-star appearances as acheivements and look at them for what they are, a popularity contest/exhibition game. 9 times out of 10 it's not a problem because the best players are also the most popular, but that other time you get a situation like Jeter in 2014.

Malvingt2

We have to stop looking at all-star appearances as acheivements and look at them for what they are, a popularity contest/exhibition game. 9 times out of 10 it's not a problem because the best players are also the most popular, but that other time you get a situation like Jeter in 2014.

I guess so. It is sad. MLB All Star means a lot. Oh well :/

eznark

Banned
ALl star game is about seeing the biggest names and most established players. voting in no way should be on the first 6-10 weeks of the season. its a shame MLB is using it as a deciding factor for home field advantage in the world series.

sick.gif

Friggz

id rather watch an all time great player than someone having a good half season. its a shame this game is geared more towards the casual fan.

Malo

Banned
Jeter shouldn't be in ASG, but everyone knew he was going to be voted in. Fuck the casuals.

And Betances got in? #wemadeit

Malvingt2

Twins fans really do deserve some happiness (well most of them). It'd be nice to see Morneau there although its tough to justify voting for him over any of the other guys.

Yeah, I am going to vote for him and Sale.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Just saying: An All-Star ovation for Justin Morneau in Minneapolis would be one of the most emotional moments of the entire night.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Man, I would respect the guy more if he declined to be a starter. :/

what drugs do you do? Jeter is reportedly one of the biggest egomaniacs on the planet. from his refusal to move for arod to his "YEAH JEETS" during fellatio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom