• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Only MLB could institute instant replay and manage to make it both incredibly cumbersome and time delaying and also still get the call wrong as often.

Only MLB could institute instant replay and manage to make it both incredibly cumbersome and time delaying and also still get the call wrong as often.

That and the people at the game often never get an explanation as to why something happened. Only people watching on TV do. this happened in Boston on a complicated play tonight and the crowd was so confused.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How bout them astros

You suck Astros. You really suck dick.

edV1lBj.gif

The Jays may actually be the worst team in the league (although the record doesn't show that) even Jamie Campbell gave up on trying to find excuses for why they are so horrible.

Macattk15

Been reading some stuff about possibly trading for Josh Willingham. Good ops and ops+, right handed hitter, could come cheap.

That is cool I guess.

I'm still holdin' out that the Rangers repay our Cliff Lee for Smoak trade and give us Alex Rios for not much.

The Jays may actually be the worst team in the league (although the record doesn't show that) even Jamie Campbell gave up on trying to find excuses for why they are so horrible.

When even Pat Tabler is starting to sound pissed off at the team, you know something is going horribly wrong.

And now EE is probably gone for the season. If that's the case, they can just blow the whole team up. Weak AL East or not, i have a hard time imagining this collection of players suddenly gets hot again like they were in May. They're too old, too injury prone, too reliant on guys who just aren't very good.

Though after reading that AA was going to trade Stroman and Gose for Bud Norris last year, I'm not sure I trust him to do a rebuild.

When even Pat Tabler is starting to sound pissed off at the team, you know something is going horribly wrong.

And now EE is probably gone for the season. If that's the case, they can just blow the whole team up. Weak AL East or not, i have a hard time imagining this collection of players suddenly gets hot again like they were in May. They're too old, too injury prone, too reliant on guys who just aren't very good.

Though after reading that AA was going to trade Stroman and Gose for Bud Norris last year, I'm not sure I trust him to do a rebuild.
It was all good just week ago. Jay fans are lulz.

It was all good just week ago. Jay fans are lulz.

A week ago when they were getting destroyed by the Reds and White Sox? Pretty sure they were looking hopeless then, too, and that was when they still had Lawrie and EE.

Also, great trade for the Yankees. TLR may have to sign off on Towers' trades, but it's not like he has a background in prospect evaluation, does he? If he's still relying on KT's initial analysis, that seems like a flawed system.

Parch

The weaknesses have been exposed. Francisco can't hit a breaking pitch, and he definitely can't hit a lefty. He's only a platoon player.
The whole team can't hit lefties. Bit of a desperation move to get Gillespie just to add a bat that might do something against a left hander.
Add a couple of injuries and the bats have gone cold.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The weaknesses have been exposed. Francisco can't hit a breaking pitch, and he definitely can't hit a lefty. He's only a platoon player.
The whole team can't hit lefties. Bit of a desperation move to get Gillespie just to add a bat that might do something against a left hander.
Add a couple of injuries and the bats have gone cold.
You know who is a RHH, a type of player who traditionally hits lefties well? Dan Uggla.

Hymay Garcia opting for surgery, out for the season and probably 2015. WTF is with the weird pitching injuries on this team? Motocross compartment syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome x2, stress fracture in the shoulder, etc. Only Wainwright and Motte seem to go the cliche TJ route.

You know who is a RHH, a type of player who traditionally hits lefties well? Dan Uggla.

I was going to make a comment about how he couldn't be much worse than what the Jays have been running out there, then I checked his B-Ref page.

That's just terrifying. If he were playing regularly, he'd be single-handedly bad enough to wipe out the Braves' lead in the NLE. I know you've complained about his ineptitude, but I thought there was some hyperbole in there. But no, he really is a massive black hole in the middle of the field.

RGVNOE

Hymay Garcia opting for surgery, out for the season and probably 2015. WTF is with the weird pitching injuries on this team? Motocross compartment syndrome, thoracic outlet syndrome x2, stress fracture in the shoulder, etc. Only Wainwright and Motte seem to go the cliche TJ route.

Sounds like Mo was pretty upset with him too for not saying anything earlier, but yea lets hope for no more injuries to that rotation and hopefully Wacha can come back soon, as well as Siegrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom