• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangreal

Did Beltran actually have a concussion? It sounds from the stories like the Yankees just put him on the 7-day DL out of convenience so he can be back after the all-star break. I don't remember it being a fractured-face DL

ehZuHoq.png

How long will this last, I wonder.

Though, I really shouldn't rag, Rangers have used like 200 different starting pitchers and lost half their starters.

henry-kane-o.gif

I hope the Angels win the division that way all of you will have to suffer through Mike Trout being talked about and having a camera shot of him every ten seconds in the playoffs.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fuck. Brandon Phillips to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament. Just when this team is starting to turn it on. Can't buy fucking luck for the Reds.

They should be, I doubt they will be though, Mo and Matheny will probably say Cruz does a great job and will give him the starting spot till Yadi comes back.
We should definitely see how Cruz responds with regular playing time in the next few weeks before going the trade route. He's shown flashes of ability here and there. If not, we can snag Soto or w/e at the deadline.

Enron

Banned
ATTENTION NEOGAF FANTASY REJECT OWNERS

I was trying to drop CJ Wilson and dropped Jered Weaver instead. Normally in my other leagues where this happens, the commish will just readd the player but since I'm the commish, that might not appear Kosher. So I ask you, should I be allowed to readd my player? There's a poll on the league page as well. I will abide by whatever the league decides.

ATTENTION NEOGAF FANTASY REJECT OWNERS

I was trying to drop CJ Wilson and dropped Jered Weaver instead. Normally in my other leagues where this happens, the commish will just readd the player but since I'm the commish, that might not appear Kosher. So I ask you, should I be allowed to readd my player? There's a poll on the league page as well. I will abide by whatever the league decides.
Just use your commish powers.

jakncoke

Banned
Man Pirates fans drinking all kinds purple drink on fan sites. Possible trade for Tulo, 5 or 6 players for Lee. I mean just what kind of trades have they been pulling off on The Show that they think can realistically be made irl

edit; woot! we may not get swept after all

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Yankees GM Brian Cashman says Masahiro Tanaka has a small tear in his UCL. Will have PRP injection. Yankees hope he's back in six weeks.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 1m

The reality: Unless he's in the vast minority of players for whom rehab works, Masahiro Tanaka eventually will need Tommy John surgery.

wow

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Pitchers can throw with partially torn UCLs. Adam Wainwright's lasted for half a decade before it blew out. But he is the truest exception.

jakncoke

Banned
Big blow to the Yankees starting rotation, where they go from here? Do they have anyone left in AAA to bring up? Maybe they can eat all the cash of some big contract pitcher that a non contender doesnt want to cover ? Or are they simply just fucked for the year?

The Dodgers have activated Carl Crawful from the DL and have ended the Clit Era by giving Clint Robinson the good 'ol DFA.
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan

Yankees GM Brian Cashman says Masahiro Tanaka has a small tear in his UCL. Will have PRP injection. Yankees hope he's back in six weeks.
Terrible news for Tanaka. Feel bad for him after his great first season.

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Dodgers made similar diagnosis on Billingsley in Sept. 2012. He's pitched in 2 MLB games in nearly two years since, on 60-day DL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom