• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Travis Snider is still a bum

5 pitch Melancon inning. Lets walk this off El Turro

Polanco got a good hit on that too bad it was too a OF .

I think Puig needs to sit down for a couple of games and get his head together. 1hr since May, no bueno. I wish Lopes can fix Hanley and AGone. Turn them back to doubles hitters.
Or even put Agone behind Dee in the lineup.
You know what this team needs?

8322730.jpg

LA should have added more than a run vs. Neshek to be sure. He was throwing some meat balls there to Kemp with one out. This one still isn't over with Rosie throwing though.

I've hardly had time to catch any games this season but I did manage to sneak watching most of this one in... I totally agree with you about Neshek's pitches. Close game but I'm really surprised we held on there.

Hell of a win by the Indians! Santana coming up Smooth. Series win vs Detroit and will have picked up at least 2 games on 1st place (Hopefully 4 :p)

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story...lewis-texas-rangers-problem-colby-rasmus-bunt

"I told [Rasmus] I didn't appreciate it," Lewis said, according to MLB.com. "You're up by two runs with two outs and you lay down a bunt. I don't think that's the way the game should be played."

Lewis, who fell to 6-7 with the loss, felt Rasmus' bunt was a selfish act.

"I felt like you have a situation where there is two outs, you're up two runs, you have gotten a hit earlier in the game off me, we are playing the shift, and he laid down a bunt basically simply for average," Lewis said.

On top of the bunt, Lewis said the fact that Rasmus didn't try to steal second base further proved he was just concerned about upping his average.

"[Rasmus] didn't steal within the first two pitches to put himself in scoring position," Lewis said. "That tells me he is solely looking out for himself, and looking out for batting average. And I didn't appreciate it."
:jnc

damned if you do, damned if you don't with regards to stealing bases when you're winning the game, apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom