• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Yeah idk why they challenged there, not because the lead, also 5 run lead is nothing btw. But what could they thought they of seen.

Blearth

Banned
That 9.5 game lead will be back before September. Followed by another collapse and the two teams tied on the last day of the year.

Streaky seasons!

MLB's Competitive Balance Draft for 2015 took place today:

Competitive Balance Round A
1. Marlins
2. Rockies
3. Cardinals
4. Brewers
5. Padres
6. Indians

Competitive Balance Round B
1. Reds
2. Athletics
3. Mariners
4. Twins
5. Orioles
6. Diamondbacks

So according to sources, the Phillies are thinking about releasing Ryan Howard at the end of the season. Ryne Sandberg pretty much said Howard will be platooning 1B for the rest of the season with Darin Ruf.

Howard is still owed $60 million the next three seasons. He makes $25 million in 2015 and 2016. His $23 million club option for 2017 has a $10 million buyout.

They have no choice, the roster is filled with dead money and bad deals given to past their prime declining players. The Phils need to firesale what they can while they still can and cut who they can't sell. Otherwise next year is going to be reaaaaal bad.

Can you imagine if they were still paying Halladay big money? They are very lucky Amaro signed him to a very sensible 3-year, $60 million extension before he completely lost his fucking mind. The Phillies used to have a policy of no deals over 3 years for pitchers that Amaro threw out the window when Cliff Lee became a free agent.

RAJ literally has no idea what he is doing. I mean, as a Mets fan I find it hysterical but I do feel bad for them because they are just so damn incompetent it's almost laughable. It is laughable, really. I mean Ryan Howard has a triple slash of .224/.305/.337, a -0.1 fWAR, a -0.4 bWAR, and an UZR that's hovered at 0 the entire year.

And he's making $25 million.

I mean look at that pitching staff, Cole Hammels has a high WAR himself than the rest of the rotation combined. It's staggering how pathetic that is.

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Yankees are trying to trade for a starting pitcher. They scouted Ian Kennedy in Chicago last night, source says.

Syrinx

This whole trade market really blows. There's no real difference makers other than David Price and Lester, who the Sox may decide not to trade.

BFIB

Mo on local radio said that the Cards are looking more for a "stop gap" solution to eat some innings. Either downplaying their want for David Price, or feel the asking price is too high for pitching.

Either way, I'm not expecting a "blockbuster" trade. Which I'm OK with.

eznark

Banned
Mo on local radio said that the Cards are looking more for a "stop gap" solution to eat some innings. Either downplaying their want for David Price, or feel the asking price is too high for pitching.

Either way, I'm not expecting a "blockbuster" trade. Which I'm OK with.

Enjoy Edwin Jackson...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom