• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh...no hits by the Red Sox through six innings. Shame Marcus Stroman is already at 91 pitches.

I want to say "He's young, let him pitch" but the Jays shouldn't take any chances considering their situation.

With that said; let him pitch.

Juan Francisco is a double away from the cycle.

Figures one of them will happen considering I'm not home to watch the game. I actually considered skipping work to go to the Dome.

I want to say "He's young, let him pitch" but the Jays shouldn't take any chances considering their situation.

With that said; let him pitch.

On the one hand, a no-hitter would be amazing. On the other, considering how many problems they've had with injuries over the last few years, it seems like it'd be negligent to let him throw 125+ pitches. Especially since they've got a seven run lead.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Mariners announce acquisition of Kendrys Morales for RHP Stephen Pryor.

SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

On the one hand, a no-hitter would be amazing. On the other, considering how many problems they've had with injuries over the last few years, it seems like it'd be negligent to let him throw 125+ pitches. Especially since they've got a seven run lead.

... and a base hit. That solves the problem.

Parch

Seeing eye bloop ruins the Stroman no-hitter.

He's been really solid. The Sanchez kid looks like a keeper. I don't think the Blue Jays should be in "go for it" mode. Overpaying for Price by giving up these quality arms isn't going to guarantee any playoff success.

Malvingt2

Morales would not return to #Mariners several times when he had choice - including for reported offer of 3/30. He had no choice this time.

Seeing eye bloop ruins the Stroman no-hitter.

He's been really solid. The Sanchez kid looks like a keeper. I don't think the Blue Jays should be in "go for it" mode. Overpaying for Price by giving up these quality arms isn't going to guarantee any playoff success.

I wouldn't move Stroman right now. He's proving himself. This might be a good time to move Sanchez though, when you don't know if the hype and quality will last for him. Move him while the hype is hot.

Still not sure what the Jays need. Hitting is starting to come around and we will have two big bats back in the lineup next week. Starting pitching has been good, not great. I'd say another long man in the bullpen, but Sanchez may cover that.

Personally, I'd still like to have a consistent quality starter.

I wouldn't move Stroman right now. He's proving himself. This might be a good time to move Sanchez though, when you don't know if the hype and quality will last for him. Move him while the hype is hot.

Still not sure what the Jays need. Hitting is starting to come around and we will have two big bats back in the lineup next week. Starting pitching has been good, not great. I'd say another long man in the bullpen, but Sanchez may cover that.

Personally, I'd still like to have a consistent quality starter.

Sanchez and Nolin (or someone like that - a minor prospect) for Zobrist. Considering how injury-prone so many Jays are, having someone who can play lots of positions well would be great.

harSon

Banned
I still wonder why the Brewers and Pirates weren't in on Jose Abreu?

I wanted the Pirates to go for him since 1B was probably our biggest position of need heading into this season, but I imagine it wouldn't have gone over too well with Mccutchen if we gave a guy who has yet to prove himself within the MLB a more lucrative contract than he got for doing just that Lol

Sanchez and Nolin (or someone like that - a minor prospect) for Zobrist. Considering how injury-prone so many Jays are, having someone who can play lots of positions well would be great.

Yeah, that's not a bad deal. Not sure I've I'm willing to give Sanchez to someone in our division though.

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Sources: Mariners have asked Rockies about CF Drew Stubbs, but Colorado unsure if they're going to move him. Righty bat, having career year.

Syrinx

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Sources: Mariners have asked Rockies about CF Drew Stubbs, but Colorado unsure if they're going to move him. Righty bat, having career year.

I'm automatically wary of any hitter who goes to Colorado and then has a "career year".

So we got the guy we should've re-signed in the offseason, but supposedly doesn't want to be here (other reports say otherwise).

Hopefully this isn't the only move by the front office. The little confidence I have is decreasing.

j_rocca42

I mean don't get me wrong, we're getting Kendrys for pretty much nothing, but I was under the impression he hates it here

I just hope he hits better than smoak and hart. I heard he was getting bad mouthed in Minnesota for hanging out with Felix and some other mariners while he was in town with the twins.

jakncoke

Banned
I wanted the Pirates to go for him since 1B was probably our biggest position of need heading into this season, but I imagine it wouldn't have gone over too well with Mccutchen if we gave a guy who has yet to prove himself within the MLB a more lucrative contract than he got for doing just that Lol

Well rumor has it we offered Polanco a deal that if all options were done would of given him something around 65 million and this time last year he was in high A, but ye would be nice to start actually spending on baseball instead of buying more ski resorts.

Stroman!!!

Hopefully the Jays can get on a roll with Lind, Encarnacion back soon, Lawrie back in a week or so and Morrow maybe coming back at some point

Malvingt2

Can confirm union filed grievance against #Astros, as 1st reported by Murray Chass. Argues team tried to manipulate signings of Aiken, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom