• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this on the comments over at USS Mariner:

=I’m putting all my money on black…

Out of blue prediction:

Mariners send Dustin Ackley and James Paxton to Rays
Rays send Price to the Dodgers
Dodgers send Matt Kemp and some money to the Mariners

Total fan speculation, but one I hadn't heard before...

Syrinx

Read this on the comments over at USS Mariner:

Total fan speculation, but one I hadn't heard before...

I saw the exact opposite of this in MLB.com's prospect watch. Some Mets fan was proposing Syndergaard, Nimmo, Plawecki, and somebody else (either Wheeler or Montero I think?) for David Price. Threw up in my mouth a little when I read it.

Edit; Is it normal that just typing MLB.com created a link? Cause I didn't create a link...

zychi

Banned
Rizzo, only dude to swing at a pitch, miss, get hit by the ball, turns into a pass ball/drop 3rd, followed by a review that the umps get wrong.

What a weird way to get on base

rando14

If only Seattle had a hitter's ball park. They'd be able to retain these hitters.

Apparently the Mariners are now resorting to making players play here against their will lol

Dont-Forget-Youre-Here-Forever-Burns-Simpsons.png

zychi

Banned
Portland really needs a team, i'm so tired of watching the Mariners come up short.
Portland should get that small market team in st louis that is handed draft picks every year regardless of revenues. It's amazing how they can get such great talent with just the tiny city's support, such a shitty stadium and the sponsorship of that up and coming busch beer company. Between them and the likes of tampa and miami, it amazes me how they can even compete

Rosterbation is not something one should do in public.
Using a term that nick kroll came up with in public should be mandatory jail time

Portland should get that small market team in st louis that is handed draft picks every year regardless of revenues. It's amazing how they can get such great talent with just the tiny city's support, such a shitty stadium and the sponsorship of that up and coming busch beer company. Between them and the likes of tampa and miami, it amazes me how they can even compete

Using a term that nick kroll came up with in public should be mandatory jail time

I heard the term Rosterbation YEEEEEARS before Nick Kroll or the League.

Chris R

Fucking hate this pathetic offense sometimes.

Don't worry ... Kendrys will save us!

Fuck off Kendrys.

Pretty much this. Playoffs aren't happening this year unless we turn this so called "slump" around, and I don't see that happening any time soon going up against the Orioles and Indians for 10 straight. Only thing we have going for us is two series against the Rangers and Astros :|

Updates

Jimmy Rollins' $11 million vesting option for 2015 will become guaranteed tonight after his second plate appearance. The only thing that would negate it is if he finishes the season on the DL. But that could also be negated if a mutually agreed upon doctor clears Rollins for Opening Day 2015.

The Mets have informed teams that they would be willing to cover up to $2 million of Bartolo Colon's remaining salary this season in a potential trade. Colon is due $9 million in 2015.

From Deadspin, "Barry Bonds Was An Alien God Who Destroyed Space-Time To Bring Us Joy". Among the most amazing stats:

• If Bonds had retired after the 1998 season, he would have done so with 99.6 career rWAR. This would rank him No. 32 all-time.
  • Bonds reached base just 330 fewer times than all-time leader Pete Rose, in 3,284 fewer plate appearances.
  • Through age 26, Bonds had 10.8 defensive WAR, more than any other outfielder in major league history other than Andruw Jones through that age.
  • If Bonds were to return to the major leagues tomorrow, he would have to make 1,412 straight outs to drop his on base percentage below .400.

I don't care if he did drugs or was a less-than-great teammate (who, it needs to be said, is paying for Bryan Stow's kids to go to college). That's almost literally playing the game with a cheat code. I know it happened just a few years ago, but those numbers just blow my mind every time I see them.

Also, holy crap was Andruw Jones good at defense.

Wait..what? They signed him to be a power bat because of his power so yeah, they should probably expect power from him.

Cano has only hit 30 HRs once in his career and that's playing in Yankee Stadium. No one in their right mind expected him to get 30 playing in Safeco and the AL West. I'm assuming Cano thought an approach of spraying the ball all over the field is better than trying to pull the ball and just hit HRs to justify his contract. It would of been worse if he tried that. Hopefully he finds a power surge and starts hitting them in bunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom