• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is, how do organizations like Seattle and Minnesota counterintuitively build these ballparks that repress offense when they were known to play in one the more favorable offensive environments in the league? It makes no sense. You stick to your bread and butter. You didn't see Houston or The Yankees do that. The problem is exacerbated in this era of low run production and crackdown in PEDs. It's like Seattle/Minnesota forget what made their teams fun to watch.

eznark

Banned
Cano has only hit 30 HRs once in his career and that's playing in Yankee Stadium. No one in their right mind expected him to get 30 playing in Safeco and the AL West. I'm assuming Cano thought an approach of spraying the ball all over the field is better than trying to pull the ball and just hit HRs to justify his contract. It would of been worse if he tried that. Hopefully he finds a power surge and starts hitting them in bunches.

I didn't say anything about 30 hr's.

Seattle's offensive woes have little to do with their park and more to do with their complete lack of talent.

They have talent, they just fucking destroy it. Like, every ounce of it. That anyone anywhere shows. Every prospect, every FA, even Jack Z. was super highly sought after when they signed him!

It's the city. Everything to ever go into or come out of Seattle is shit. Except Russell Wilson.

They have talent, they just fucking destroy it. Like, every ounce of it. That anyone anywhere shows. Every prospect, every FA, even Jack Z. was super highly sought after when they signed him!

It's the city. Everything to ever go into or come out of Seattle is shit. Except Russell Wilson.

You brought up power, but Cano's power is overstated.

rando14

our soccer team is good!!

Though unfortunately it's because we play in a JV soccer league :-(

Battle of the NL West Contenders!

Fri - Sun
SF Giants vs LA Dodgers:

Lincecum (3.65) vs Greinke (2.90)
Vogelsong (3.99) vs Kershaw (1.92)
Petit (4.24) vs Ryu (3.39)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Giants have called up Dan Uggla from AAA.
MllD6T2.gif

EqcwGhs.gif

PFJZuT6.gif

1ayDaEr.gif

0bsmz8W.gif

iKDtPbc.gif

iKDtPbc.gif

iKDtPbc.gif

beLAh13.gif

beLAh13.gif

beLAh13.gif

beLAh13.gif

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
#Braves, #Orioles, #Mariners, #Cubs, #Nationals also have top evaluators present for Price-Lester.

#SFGiants, #Pirates each have two high-level scouts watching Price-Lester tonight in St. Petersburg.

#Braves, #Orioles, #Mariners, #Cubs, #Nationals also have top evaluators present for Price-Lester.

#SFGiants, #Pirates each have two high-level scouts watching Price-Lester tonight in St. Petersburg.

Cubs will offer Darwin Barney, Mike Olt, Luis Valbuena and a PTBNL for either. Should get it done.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Braves have been terrible this week.

Sadly I think this is a more accurate representation of this team. Will be lucky to make wild card IMO.

jakncoke

Banned

Wonder what Pirates would offer.

terrisus

So, am I going insane (always possible), or did the Rays just have Fountain of Dreams from Kirby playing during that mound conference during the Red Sox-Rays game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom