• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Man Mets better not trade for Tulo, guy is always injured.

crazy.gif

Macattk15

Can't wait till he gets let go.

Rumor is he is going hard after fucking Chris Denorfia.

Yeah. Like we need ANOTHER fucking Endy Chavez/James Jones type outfielder.

I get that there really isn't jack all for bats out on the trade market ... but please, pursue Marlon Byrd or Josh Willingham or something. They can't be that expensive and aren't as fucking horrible as Chris fucking Denorfia.

santeesioux

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 23m
Sources: #Mariners have called on #RedSox’s Lester. SEA has been on Price. Lester lower acquisition cost, native of Tacoma, Wa.

Marlon Byrd would be a nice add for the Ms. Dude is productive and like you won't cost much. But for trade to be approved he wants the option picked up.

Macattk15

Marlon Byrd would be a nice add for the Ms. Dude is productive and like you won't cost much. But for trade to be approved he wants the option picked up.

Pick it up. Whatever.

No move can harm the Mariners anymore than Cano's contract will in 5 years.

Getting Lester would be cool if they could sign him to an extension. I knew he was from Tacoma ... so he has that local love maybe.

Syrinx

I wouldn't go after Lester. His heart seems to be with the Sox. I guess with a little (lot of) money he could be swayed, but at that point you're just better off waiting for him to hit free agency.

ERA is literally the worst way to judge a pitcher.

Everyone else jumped on you for this, but I will say there's a grain of truth to it, provided you're talking about relievers. W-L is still way worse way, but reliever ERA is only marginally better, since 1) it doesn't tell you anything inherited runners, and 2) one bad outing can make it seem much worse than it is.

I wouldn't go after Lester. His heart seems to be with the Sox. I guess with a little (lot of) money he could be swayed, but at that point you're just better off waiting for him to hit free agency.
Yep. Not worth it to trade for him if he's just going to go right back to them after the season.

Indians 'very willing' to move Masterson. Shame he's had such a terrible year so far, after being straight up unhittable most of the time last year. Hope he can turn it around again and don't really wanna see him go. He'll be a FA at the end of the year, though.

If you guys r the Rays would you trade Price after this winning streak? I think they should, its not like their park is filling up for this run and playoffs aren't guaranteed.

aFIGurANT

If you guys r the Rays would you trade Price after this winning streak? I think they should, its not like their park is filling up for this run and playoffs aren't guaranteed.

I don't see Price as being a guaranteed win even in the event of the playoffs personally. He's been oft-roughed-up by the AL whether it's Texas or the Red Sox. Those teams won't be there this year so maybe that's something positive but he really just might not be the guaranteed WC win you think he is.

He's probably of more value to the team if they can net an Addison Russel level guy or maybe even two. This market seems real favorable to sellers so I would move him and get it over with.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Welp.. So much for that the only 2 hitters Homer needs to stay clear of he can't. Homer baseball.

I don't see Price as being a guaranteed win even in the event of the playoffs personally. He's been oft-roughed-up by the AL whether it's Texas or the Red Sox. Those teams won't be there this year so maybe that's something positive but he really just might not be the guaranteed WC win you think he is.

He's probably of more value to the team if they can net an Addison Russel level guy or maybe even two. This market seems real favorable to sellers so I would move him and get it over with.
They need to rebuild that system.

The Dodgers and the Cardinals are the only contending teams with those kind of prospects. LA doesn't seem to want to give up Joc and I really hope we don't give up Oscar.

The Rays will probably get more teams willing to pony up the prospects in the offseason, even with 2 fewer months of team control.

Rasmus nearly hit that one out, 10-0

Kawasaki double!

12-0

Revenge for that game last week :D

Time to get Reyes, Bautista and Cabrera out of the game lol

Parch

Who do you send down? All the scrub hitters are hot right now lol
Probably Tolleson? If Goins can hit, he'll get plenty of time at 2B just for the D.
There's a bunch of scrubs now with Valencia. At least Jays are addressing the problems against lefties. The hot hitting scrubs can stick around until Lawrie and Encarnacion get back, and it doesn't sound like that will be anytime soon.

Probably Tolleson? If Goins can hit, he'll get plenty of time at 2B just for the D.
There's a bunch of scrubs now with Valencia. At least Jays are addressing the problems against lefties. The hot hitting scrubs can stick around until Lawrie and Encarnacion get back, and it doesn't sound like that will be anytime soon.

Tolleson can play the OF and has a 1.000 OPS vs lefties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom