• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Tolleson? If Goins can hit, he'll get plenty of time at 2B just for the D.
There's a bunch of scrubs now with Valencia. At least Jays are addressing the problems against lefties. The hot hitting scrubs can stick around until Lawrie and Encarnacion get back, and it doesn't sound like that will be anytime soon.

Tonight notwithstanding, Goins can't hit. Even after going 4-5, he's still only hitting .212, with a .477 OPS, and he doesn't have any kind of track record to suggest that's an anomaly. Kawasaki and Tolleson may not be much, but they're both significantly better and have higher upsides than Goins.

Parch

Tolleson can play the OF and has a 1.000 OPS vs lefties
Don't need 6 outfielders, assuming they want to stick with Reimold. Gose has been up and down so another demotion wouldn't be a surprise. Valencia can play 2B as well, that's why I was thinking Tolleson.
Plenty of flexibility I suppose with all the scrubs now. Slump and you're out.

jakncoke

Banned
Rays had scouts at the Curve game tonight. They could been there for Tigers team as well. But theres that. Idk how I feel if we end up trading for Price somehow as there no chance he'll sign with us after his control is up.

Jhayyy!

Rays had scouts at the Curve game tonight. They could been there for Tigers team as well. But theres that. Idk how I feel if we end up trading for Price somehow as there no chance he'll sign with us after his control is up.

Jhayyy!
Why are you fooling yourself? The Pirates don't do blockbuster trades.

jakncoke

Banned
Gerrit Cole good rehab start at Indy today

edit; Cole might start 1 of the Pads games. Pitch the 10th so i can see you in my first PNC game!

jakncoke

Banned
Its going to suck when we lose Martin and his ability to throw sb attempts out.

Worley having a really solid start tonight.

Polanco hustle!

zroid

Banned
Why the fuck do people park their cars behind the green monster? That's just asking for trouble, man.

BtrNFUXCcAET4m0.jpg:large

I dont understand how dude has a 5+ era at home but 1.72 away

He has a career BABIP against of .294 but opponents have a .386 BABIP against him at home this year. So it seems like it is mostly just bad luck. He also seems to be struggling against righties at home for some reason.

Random but I discovered the bbref lets you see a pitchers splits based on who the umpire was. That's kind of cool.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sentiment among competing executives is unanimous: The Red Sox realize the chances of re-signing Jon Lester are minuscule and will deal him.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Big question is how the market moves. One source said Boston wants accelerated timetable, inclined to trade Lester before Wednesday's start.

hmm

jakncoke

Banned
most expensive second round pick in history.

Not only that, But iirc his money was higher than all the 1st rounders except i think the 1st overall pick and 2nd, mainly because he was top 10 talent but seen as completely committed to Texas unless a mega contract opened.

I have no idea who Josh Bell is. That name screams bust to me though.

Coming into own this year, just got promoted to AA recently. Still young and doing pretty good despite losing his 1st year to a knee injury. Also unless you're trolling and im pretty sure you are how does Josh Bell scream bust or really any name.

Just a reminder every month the people alive when the Cubs last won a world series shrinks. There is 75 supercentarians alive atm. 75th was born May 7th 1903, Cubs clinched October 14 1908. The gap shrinks.

eznark

Banned
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sentiment among competing executives is unanimous: The Red Sox realize the chances of re-signing Jon Lester are minuscule and will deal him.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Big question is how the market moves. One source said Boston wants accelerated timetable, inclined to trade Lester before Wednesday's start.

hmm

Wait, what? Didn't Lester just say not long ago that he was going to resign with the Red Sox no matter where he gets dealt?

jakncoke

Banned
I hope we dont get trolled by Red Sox. Red Sox trying to get free prospects during a shit season and going to resign him anyways in the off season.

I hope we dont get trolled by Red Sox. Red Sox trying to get free prospects during a shit season and going to resign him anyways in the off season.
Would Pittsburgh pony up and extend Lester even if an under-the-table agreement weren't in place between him and the Red Sox? I don't think Lester is looking for a discounted contract if he and the Red Sox can't agree on a contract.

jakncoke

Banned
Would Pittsburgh pony up and extend Lester even if an under-the-table agreement weren't in place between him and the Red Sox? I don't think Lester is looking for a discounted contract if he and the Red Sox can't agree on a contract.

Probably not. But then again who knows we seem to be spending more these days be it real contracts, letting wandy sit at home with 7.5 million, or the rumored deal of 65 after all options for Polanco a year out of A ball.

cashman

Banned
@robertbrender
Follow
Bob Nightengale is reporting the Phillies asked the Dodgers for Joc Pederson, Corey Seager and Julio Urias in exchange for Cole Hamels.

Amaro pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom