• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

I think the Mets have taken a very important step this year with their pitching so that they no longer have to rely on scrubs like Chris Capuano and Shawn Marcum to make 10-15 starts for them because they don't have anybody better. However, for next year, they need to do the offensive equivalent and get some talent on this team so that we don't have Chris Young batting 5th in the lineup regularly.

jakncoke

Banned
UPDATE 5:24 PM: Rob Biertempfel says that the cost for Lester would likely be two of the top 10 prospects. He mentions Josh Bell and Tyler Glasnow as an example

lol kick rocks!

Take Luis Heredia and Barret Barnes instead TOTALLY TOP 10 ;)

jakncoke

Banned
Interesting, 1/3 of mlb are estimated to have had TJ at some point. Seems about right, crazy how far the surgery success rate has come along

Why didn't Ned grab Jose Abreu when we had the chance? The guy is a monster.

We would be running away with the West! I see dollar signs in my eyes with both Puig and Abreu.

zulux21

he is for sure the highlight of the white sox season so far.
just imagine what happens if the white sox can get someone who bat behind him who is actually a threat instead of adam dunn who the white sox likely wont be able to trade for a low level prospect :/

We would be running away with the West! I see dollar signs in my eyes with both Puig and Abreu.

Because the Dodgers are already paying Adrian Gonzales $20 million a year to hit singles.

Not sure why the Dodgers are so hard up for a SP. Granted you could always use more pitching but their top 3 seems solid as fuck, at least enough to hang on to top prospects like Seager and Pederson. The Dodgers big advantage is money so just sign Lester in the offseason.

Because the Dodgers are already paying Adrian Gonzales $20 million a year to hit singles.

Not sure why the Dodgers are so hard up for a SP. Granted you could always use more pitching but their top 3 seems solid as fuck, at least enough to hang on to top prospects like Seager and Pederson. The Dodgers big advantage is money so just sign Lester in the offseason.
Pay them both! We've got money to burn!

As for starting pitching, Beckett seems to be coming back down to earth since the no-hitter and Haren has been shaky as hell after looking good at the start of the season. They're looking for a reliable 4th starter for the playoffs so we don't burn out Kershaw like last year. I'd rather they just find a reliable reliever since that's the bigger problem with this team.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't remember the last time a dude got ejected in the middle of an at bat. That was some bizarre ass shit. Escobar didn't even look at him, total umpshow.

BFIB

Rumors all over the place in St. Louis regarding the Cards talking a deal for Hamels. Dear god, no negotiating with Amaro.

@robertbrender
Follow
Bob Nightengale is reporting the Phillies asked the Dodgers for Joc Pederson, Corey Seager and Julio Urias in exchange for Cole Hamels.

Amaro pls

ibBip6P880W6t.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Harrang is going to pitch a perfect game tonight. you heard it here fir....harrang is going to pitch a 1 hitter tonight. you heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom