• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

"Uggla, by the way, went 0-for-8 with four strikeouts and three errors at second base in the series."

nice move giants

uggla_whiff_slvckwvt.gif

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Dodgers floating Carl Crawford to teams. Still owed $69.25M thru 2017. Unclear how much $ Dodgers would eat. Will need to be a lot.

Damn!!!! Came back from vacation and we got swept...I knew we were gonna get owned but was expecting something like 1-2...but damn. And f'in Uggla let his ass go and put panik back in. Damn with all these injuries..... Dead.

jakncoke

Banned
Is there any reason to promote Appell to AA? Are they hoping a new scenery will make his mind right. I was going to ask if they track FIP for minors and maybe he had some bad luck but then I remember he gives up a shit load of hits so it probably not. His hits/9 is 15 right now. That is remarkably bad for anyone in the minors let alone 2 time 1st round and former 1st overall pick.

In the California League he leads the category. #2 is a player named Keith Hessler with 13.3 whom is a 28th round draft pick from the 2010 draft and is 25.

cashman

Banned
Is there any reason to promote Appell to AA? Are they hoping a new scenery will make his mind right. I was going to ask if they track FIP for minors and maybe he had some bad luck but then I remember he gives up a shit load of hits so it probably not. His hits/9 is 15 right now. That is remarkably bad for anyone in the minors let alone 2 time 1st round and former 1st overall pick.

In the California League he leads the category. #2 is a player named Keith Hessler with 13.3 whom is a 28th round draft pick from the 2010 draft and is 25.

Cal league is super hitter friendly so they just want to get him out of that environment, but yeah he shouldn't be this bad.

We'll eat the cash. Somebody just take him, please.

Why not just release him? because I honestly don't think the Dodgers could buy out enough of his contract. I mean, if they ate half he'd still be a $10 million a year player and nobody wants him for $10 million a year. Same with Ethier. They are in similar boats to Ryan Howard in that they are practically worthless and are performing at sub or par replacement levels.

eznark

Banned

He is 22 years old. It's probably a timeline thing. I'm guessing he was going to be moved to AA after 50 or so innings of high A no matter what he was doing there.

This isn't a big deal.

Syrinx

I was reading MLB.com's new prospect rankings (they had him at No.46 overall, IIRC), and they said his struggles are hard to explain since his stuff is still there and he's throwing strikes. But still, an ERA of nearly 10 in high A ball means he's doing something very very wrong.

I was reading MLB.com's new prospect rankings (they had him at No.46 overall, IIRC), and they said his struggles are hard to explain since his stuff is still there and he's throwing strikes. But still, an ERA of nearly 10 in high A ball means he's doing something very very wrong.
Maybe tipping pitches.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Phillies’ Byrd not option for #Royals. Talks remain stalled with #Mariners; Byrd will waive no-trade only if ’16 option exercised.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Byrd has no-trade to four clubs: #Mariners, #Royals, #BlueJays, #Rays. He will not waive no-trade to SEA unless M’s pick up option.

Malvingt2

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
According to source close to DMonfort only way he is approving trade of Tulowitzki is if trade offer is ridiculous in their favor #Rockies

jakncoke

Banned

woot

Glasnow up to 20.
Taillon down to 32, which is understandable because of TJ
Josh Bell up to 33, having a great year
Austin Meadows at 50, mashing at WV .353 but small sample size because hamstring took so long to heal

Nick Kingham is really having a great year, might be up with the Pirates before the end of the year

Allen Hanson at 80, still not convinced on him. Still punting a lot of errors 40 2 years ago, 32 last year and 28 already . With Alvarez leading the league or at least top 10 each year. We really dont need 2 guys in the top 10 in errors year in and out.

Reese Mcguire 81, average has raised about 20 pts since earlier. So seems to coming into his own at WV

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Sources: Phillies have made Cole Hamels available on trade market, although price remains high. Dodgers interested. @FOXSports1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom