• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
lol while we did go through a long ass drought, how can players not look the core talent that is already at the mlb level and our farm and disregard it and just remember the previous 2 decades of mismanagement. Its different times from that era. Nonsense really. Also fuck him enjoy being in the 3rd world section of america.

lol while we did go through a long ass drought, how can players not look the core talent that is already at the mlb level and our farm and disregard it and just remember the previous 2 decades of mismanagement. Its different times from that era. Nonsense really. Also fuck him enjoy being in the 3rd world section of america.

Indians will take care of him.

Macattk15

WRT Bautista, the Jays should have enough quality to keep pace with the Orioles and put distance between them and the Yankees.

If the team goes on a bad run right now, it's going to look worse on him than it will on AA.

edit: OOF. Now being reported that majority of the team agrees with Bautista. Prado deal singled out.

What? Why is Bautista pissed? Did I miss something?

Lexxism

What? Why is Bautista pissed? Did I miss something?

He was pissed because the Jays' management didn't do anything to improve the team's roster. Looks like he's not alone on this.

From Barry Davis (@SNBarryDavis) on Twitter:

- Bautista not hiding his feelings today. 'I'm a little disappointed. Other teams find a way to improve"

-Bautista on Price, Lester and Lackey leaving East. "Those aren't the team's were fighting with now. Ballt and NY got better.

- Speaking with a #bluejays player who chose not to come on camera "Jose speaks for most of us on this". Needless to say, players aren't happy

- Most #bluejays understand not being able to add an ace, but seeing Prado go to the Yankees is hard to swallow for many of them.

- Among what you'll hear from Casey Janssen tonight in my 1 on 1 on #bluejays Central "there are certain GMS out there who go for it a lot"

Mindlog

Cost controlled major league talent, its banking on two young guys who never got a fair shake with either of their old teams. Adames is a nice get for the farm.

I mean I would have liked more but the reality is David Price is a 4 WAR pitcher who has 1 year left on his deal at 20+ million and then he hits free agency.

Rays missed their window with the A's. Should have traded Price weeks ago but they waned to cling to their slim hopes this season. To their credit they played as well as they possibly could but couldn't make up much ground unfortunately.

I have no reason to doubt Friedman so I won't.
Correct.

And he did say it would be cool to pitch for the Cubs.
Put that in perspective.

BFIB

Per Bernie, here's what Mo had to say regarding the Craig deal:

"Playing time for him (Craig) was going to dwindle whether I made this trade or not. The squeeze was on for playing time. We don't make this trade unless you have Taveras playing and Piscotty in the wings. At some point if you believe in their potential you have to let them play."

Combined with this teams complacent attitude all season, this was a boot in the ass message to the Cards team.

Parch

Guessing because he is 33 and this is his best chance at a ring and never know might be last. A's/Tigers nutted up and improved and Blue Jays did whatever they did.
Who on the roster was he willing to sacrifice so the Jays could nut up? The price for Price was a #1 SP prospect and a good, regular outfield. Blue Jay equivalent would probably be something like Stroman or Hutchison and Melky. That deal wouldn't improve the Jays.
The price for Lester and Lackey were regular roster players too.

The Jays don't have the trade bait without creating another hole in the roster. Don't imagine anyone was buying that Gose or Goins are elite level prospects capable of bringing a big piece of improvement.

jakncoke

Banned
Who on the roster was he willing to sacrifice so the Jays could nut up? The price for Price was a #1 SP prospect and a good, regular outfield. Blue Jay equivalent would probably be something like Stroman or Hutchison and Melky. That deal wouldn't improve the Jays.
The price for Lester and Lackey were regular roster players too.

The Jays don't have the trade bait without creating another hole in the roster. Don't imagine anyone was buying that Gose or Goins are elite level prospects capable of bringing a big piece of improvement.

I dont know about your roster, as foreign to me as poutine and bagged milk. Im just saying that is likely why he frustrated.

Giants fans should place Dan Uggla's head on this until he leaves the team.

maxresdefault.jpg

Parch

Lol at TOR & PIT. Joke Clubs. Keep on admiring your prospects and worthless minorleague numbers.
What prospects? Blue Jays blew their load last year in the Marlin and Dickey deals. Their best young talent is already filling spots on the major league roster.
They just don't have the org depth to make significant deals.

What prospects? Blue Jays blew their load last year in the Marlin and Dickey deals. Their best young talent is already filling spots on the major league roster.
They just don't have the org depth to make significant deals.

Norris/Osuna are well ranked prospects. I'm sure you could have done something if you really wanted to make a deal happen. You could also trade lesser prospects for competitive balance pics and add that to a package.

jakncoke

Banned
Todd Zolecki ‏@ToddZolecki 2m
Phillies say Cliff Lee left tonight's game with a left flexor pronator strain. Same injury as before.

Does this lead to TJ?

Todd Zolecki ‏@ToddZolecki 2m
Phillies say Cliff Lee left tonight's game with a left flexor pronator strain. Same injury as before.

Does this lead to TJ?

With or without surgery, the last time he had that injury he missed 2 months, so his season's likely done either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom