• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yanks farm system by itself isn't good enough to land Price, but they could offer Gardner who is signed to a team friendly deal and Betances who is cost controlled for five more seasons after this one. Yanks could offer both of them along with Severino and Sanchez and that offer gets you Price imo. Unless Price gets traded to a big market like the Tigers or Dodgers, who could give him a market value extension now, I think he becomes a free agent after 2015 and the Yanks couild sign him outright.

Why would The Yanks trade all of that for just Price? Makes no sense.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wonder if the Tigers move Verlander to the pen. They probably should but you'd have to think its Smyly getting bumped out (or maybe hes in the deal)

BFIB

Rumors are: Price to Detroit. Austin Jackson/Smyly to Seattle. Tampa Bay getting a boat load of prospects including "three or four top pieces" from both Detroit and Seattle.

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 50s
austin jackson and drew smyly in price deal

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 1m
price goes to tigers in 3-way with seattle and tb

So Max walks and the tigers resign price??

Damn that rotation is crazy

Interested to see what they gave up for Price

Jackson is a good CF too bad he can't hit for shit. Sad to see Smyly go that kid has a future

Macattk15

Don't know whether to be pumped or pissed yet. I'm hearing Nick Franklin is on his way to TB though.

If it's just Nick Franklin for A Jax? I'm fucking pumped.

Don't know whether to be pumped or pissed yet. I'm hearing Nick Franklin is on his way to TB though.

Nick Franklin had no real spot with Seattle.

Seattle needed a legit CFer, Austin Jackson fits the bill.

It's a pretty good deal for Seattle, they get Jackson for this year and next.

jakncoke

Banned
How many holes do you have though?

Because there are numerous holes in the Yankee bucket. I would say "hey, August trades!" but I'm not holding my breathe with Cashman.

We needed both SP and Relief. Also someone to help drive in runs. We're like 5th in OBP and 20th in runs. As it stands we're pretty much punting the year in my eyes. Maybe we stay afloat long enough to get a WC position but I dont see this team as something that can move past say what we did last year. Another lost year of McCutchen

How many holes do you have though?

Because there are numerous holes in the Yankee bucket. I would say "hey, August trades!" but I'm not holding my breathe with Cashman.

Yankees upgraded at 3B, got Drew who's better defensively than Roberts and a better bat than Ryan. Now Prado to play RF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom