• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malvingt2

Steve Gilbert ‏@SteveGilbertMLB 58s
#Dbacks getting power-hitting catching prospect Peter O'Brien from #Yankees for Martin Prado.

harSon

Banned
We needed both SP and Relief. Also someone to help drive in runs. We're like 5th in OBP and 20th in runs. As it stands we're pretty much punting the year in my eyes. Maybe we stay afloat long enough to get a WC position but I dont see this team as something that can move past say what we did last year. Another lost year of McCutchen

Taillon going down with TJ really put a damper on this season. We could have potentially had Taillon and Kingham come up to tighten up the rotation...

Leg-End

Yankees upgraded at 3B, got Drew who's better defensively than Roberts and a better bat than Ryan. Now Prado to play RF.

Headley is working out, McCarthy is too, if Drew is a straight replacement for Roberts its a decent upgrade IF Drew starts hitting a decent clip. I like the Prado move though, O'Brien has power but not much else.

Still think they needed a rotation piece, too much riding on Pineda and Tanaka returning and being effective. Milone would have been perfect, if the price was Fuld he was gettable.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Cost controlled major league talent, its banking on two young guys who never got a fair shake with either of their old teams. Adames is a nice get for the farm.

I mean I would have liked more but the reality is David Price is a 4 WAR pitcher who has 1 year left on his deal at 20+ million and then he hits free agency.

Rays missed their window with the A's. Should have traded Price weeks ago but they waned to cling to their slim hopes this season. To their credit they played as well as they possibly could but couldn't make up much ground unfortunately.

I have no reason to doubt Friedman so I won't.

Malvingt2

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves now
The Braves have acquired INF Emilio Bonifacio, LHP James Russell and cash from the Chicago Cubs in exchange for catcher Victor Caratini.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves now
The Braves have acquired INF Emilio Bonifacio, LHP James Russell and cash from the Chicago Cubs in exchange for catcher Victor Caratini.
Victor looked like a decent bat, oh well. I assume this spells the end for Schafer.

BFIB

I think the Cards could've put together a similar package without including Taveras as well. Underwhelming return for Price after Tampa's original demands, especially since they could've waited until the offseason to deal him.

I agree. I would have happily given them Miller, Piscotty, and hell, take Grichuk too if it meant Price in return instead of Lackey.

jakncoke

Banned
Todd Zolecki ‏@ToddZolecki 8m
Amaro surprised teams weren't more aggressive. He said they were willing to eat money. Didn't believe players offered would help them.

Amaro surprised the rest of the league didnt want to empty their farm systems for their players. lol this guy.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Amaro was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Nobody was giving up shit for Lee - who can still be moved in August and they shouldn't dump Hamels for nothing, because unlike a team like the Rays they actually have a payroll to work with and have Hamels locked up longterm

Dude just needs to stop talking though. Not doing himself any favors.

Syrinx

Marlins scored a good deal for Cosart, ugh. Could afford to part with Marisnick with that stacked outfield. Surprised they gave up Moran though.

Thank God for Ruben Amaro.

Chuck

Still without luck
Who knows, maybe Price will resign with the Rays after next year!

TadkV.gif

Can't recall a trade deadline being this crazy in some time. Usually we're getting floods of reports, but never one with this many trades. And ones that came from out of nowhere at that.

Malvingt2

Todd Zolecki ‏@ToddZolecki 8m
Amaro surprised teams weren't more aggressive. He said they were willing to eat money. Didn't believe players offered would help them.

Amaro surprised the rest of the league didnt want to empty their farm systems for their players. lol this guy.

He has serious issues.

On mobile so i cant link the tweets but Jose Bautista is PISSED lol

WRT Bautista, the Jays should have enough quality to keep pace with the Orioles and put distance between them and the Yankees.

If the team goes on a bad run right now, it's going to look worse on him than it will on AA.

edit: OOF. Now being reported that majority of the team agrees with Bautista. Prado deal singled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom