• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Josh5890

They keep saying that this is his last game. Are they really holding him out of the Boston series? That would piss off a lot of people.

linkboy

I hated watching those Yankees teams when they were in their prime, but man I respect those players.

Congrats to Jeter on the culmination of a fantastic career.

I'm not even mad (mostly because the O's didn't need a win). Congrats Derek (and nice touch wishing luck to the O's in the playoffs). Seriously though, if this was in a sports movie, it would seem so unrealistic and cliche.

Josh5890

why?

Ted got on a plane and headed home after his last home game.

Look if it was a series in Houston like last year or some other city I could understand ending it now. But this is Boston. Yankees and Red Sox. Jeter has had many great moments there. People are dropping serious dough to see him this weekend at Fenway one last time.

JNA

Banned
What a way to end a fantastic career.

Next year is gonna be a weird year for me as a Yankee fan. The team I grew up with are players like Jeter, Mo, Tino, Paul O'Neal, Bernie, Scott Brocius (I know I spelled his last name wrong), Andy P (my favorite pitcher of all time), etc. And to see them go out and retire one by one was pretty sad...and now Jeter, the last of the bunch, gone.

Next year will be the first Yankee team ever that I did not grow up with. I feel old...and sad. :(

Thank you Jeter for the memories and what a way to end your career at Yankee stadium.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Washington got laid

BVmIHV0.gif

Late, but that was an amazing ending for Jeter. I missed most of the game (due to a never-ending move). Saw some of the first (the two Oriole homers), walked in the house at 5-2 with the Yankees in control in the ninth. Oh well, I caught the theatrics. Great finish, Jeter. Hopefully, the broadcast of the game will be replayed somewhere.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
This game is scripted.

I DON'T CARE. I mean when you have his nephew doing stuff like this:

Derek-Jeter-Nephew.gif

...Gary Whitta and friends can write the whole playoffs for all I care.

...these damn onions are making my eyes sweat....

eznark

Banned
Perfect ending for Jeter. Opponents groove a piped fasteball and he swings late and slaps it for a weak single.

Farewell Punchin' Judy. Farewell.

Top Bottom