• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

zroid

Banned
Are the Mariners even trying? When was their spirit broken? Their performance in Toronto has been pretty sad.

Other than the Jays they are the one team I'd have liked to see make the 'yoffs. Real shame what happened in the last weeks. I've always been fond of the Mariners, for a number of reasons. :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
i2q82d.gif

Blearth

Banned
If you Boston fans don't boo the ever loving shit out of Derek Jeter during this last series, I will lose the last of my very little remaining respect for you chumps.

They're doing just fine at the Ravine. You guys can take the Giants though.

fine. they've won World Series lately.

Ironic, Jeter just killed JJ Hardy's chance of replacing him.

Also, Jeter's final at bat results in an E6, something he's synonymous with.

no, get it straight. Jeter is known for no range. he does have good hands still.

Baseball gods favored him on that

just like how they never favored Edgar Martinez.

don't know how to feel about Edgar. obviously a great hitter (great, great hitter) but he broke my heart in 1995 which paved the way for 4 world series wins in 5 years.

:-( bye Jeets.....
dang I am gonna miss seeing this guy playing. not only that but he brought back superstardom to a team that hadn't had one in a long while. I don't see the Yankee farm system producing another one like this for a long time.

Top Bottom