• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

eznark

Banned
Lol, why do you only conveniently appear when things are going your way, and vanish like a chump when shit hits the fan?

lol

If you look at the posts I bet I posted the most when things were trash in June, since we were playing teams with fans that post here.

MLB thread is only interesting when the Braves don't suck.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Congratulations to the professional baseball player for being able to hit a ball further than a not professional baseball player. Good point.

Glanced at the standings...where did the Pirates go? Anyone seen Pittsburgh?

Pittsburgh just played a fine series against the Nationals. They're a good team. Can't say I thought the same about the Brewers.

Malvingt2

lol

If you look at the posts I bet I posted the most when things were trash in June, since we were playing teams with fans that post here.

As Braves going right now, I do lurk around and cry in the corner of my room. :/ that and working.

harSon

Banned
lol

Lol don't front bruh, you disappear to the Madden and NFL thread when the Brewers are sucking

Dodgers pitchers outside their top 3 are garrrrrrbage. Plus with Ryu on the DL that's really outside their Top 2.

So fucking ridiculous that they're that bad.

Yanks fans should become Mariners fans. Yankee West.

never. I am going to root for the Royals or Pirates come the post-season.

Not really. This thread is too slow and there are no active Brewers fans. I spend games on twitter.

Plus the names I call RR are ban worthy.

this is our second thread and I would rather the thread move slower and talk about BAseball than be NBA or NFL GAF and talk about reality shows and other non-sense that if I mentioned would get me in a lot of trouble. speaking of getting into trouble, what did Sanjuro do?

Fox318

I wish this thread was faster and more people were commenting during games.

Universal start times for all games might be good.

Like today you have the afternoon mets game then every other game is at 7 or 8pm est.

How about all of the games start at 7 or split them in half so that half of the games start at 5 and the rest start at 8?

eznark

Banned
never. I am going to root for the Royals or Pirates come the post-season.

this is our second thread and I would rather the thread move slower and talk about BAseball than be NBA or NFL GAF and talk about reality shows and other non-sense that if I mentioned would get me in a lot of trouble. speaking of getting into trouble, what did Sanjuro do?

Oh yeah not complaining about it. It's just this thread is most interesting during the off-season and at the trade deadline. Other than that it's kind of boring. Too many games going on at once.

razielim

Who would argue that?

Haha no one. Was just trying to cover for the ump. I was just have a laugh at how ridiculous that was. Was watching the game as we pretty much never get M's games here in Nebraska and just started laughing as he got tossed, it seemed so absurd.

Oh yeah not complaining about it. It's just this thread is most interesting during the off-season and at the trade deadline. Other than that it's kind of boring. Too many games going on at once.

this year has been slow I admit. in other years it has moved a lot quicker. you must admit that this OT has a East coast bias (Yanks, Barves) so when they do bad the council and Braves-age drop out. funny because I think this has been a very good season so far with a lot more parity.

Peter Gammons barked at Chris Russo like he was his son. I don't know how that idiot has a show.

I think he hates his father and takes it out on his audience. but his idiocy is entertaining.

Jays-GAF, did you see the stuff about AA being kept around for 2015?

If so, thoughts?

I'm not shocked. Rogers' profits are apparently up from baseball, so I can't imagine they care much beyond that.

As for whether he should've been...I'm still not sure. The farm system is showing faint signs of life in Stroman and Sanchez (plus Norris/Osuna/Barreto/Pompey/etc. on the way, eventually), so he deserves some credit for that. I'm a little worried about his ability to assess MLB-level talent, though, on account of some of his really terrible trades. I'd like to see him make some move(s) before the end of August, but that's probably not very likely. As I've said before, if next year plays out the way it's looking like it will -- Rasmus, Cabrera and Janssen all walk, with nothing in the way of replacements, Reyes getting worse and worse and consuming more of the payroll -- it's not going to be pretty, but I'm kind of resigned to continued mediocrity until they can pick a plan and stick to it.

As for whether he should've been...I'm still not sure. The farm system is showing faint signs of life in Stroman and Sanchez (plus Norris/Osuna/Barreto/Pompey/etc. on the way, eventually), so he deserves some credit for that. I'm a little worried about his ability to assess MLB-level talent, though, on account of some of his really terrible trades.

Just after I wrote my post there was a tweet from Shi Davidi (I think) about how the real story is that Beeston's deal expires at the end of October. So I guess AA's future will be determined by whomever the Jays are courting as the next president.

I dunno. Now that the Jays are all but out of it, I'm really curious to see how he handles the 2014->2015 roster transitions. Losing Janssen and Cabrera will be a serious blow to the club.

jakncoke

Banned
rhueI2U.jpg

Brother sent this to me, this was the wall of Left Center at Forbes. Goddamn Park Dimensions were huge back in certain sections. Funny Left/Center is 457 but RF is just 300

The final dimensions in Forbes were:
Left Field: 365 feet.
Left-Center Field: 406 feet.
Deepest Part of the Park; Left-Center: 457 feet.
Center Field: 435 feet.
Right-Center Field: 408 feet.
Right Field: 300 feet.

The LA Coliseum had some crazy dimensions when it hosted the Dodgers pre-Dodger Stadium. It was something like 245 to left, and 400+ to centre (with right being pretty standard).

Just after I wrote my post there was a tweet from Shi Davidi (I think) about how the real story is that Beeston's deal expires at the end of October. So I guess AA's future will be determined by whomever the Jays are courting as the next president.

I think AA is only safe as long as Beeston's there. If Beeston goes, I could see AA and Gibbons following him out the door (with a huge rebuild coming right after that).

jakncoke

Banned
Pedro starting 1B, hope he doesnt fuck up. Running out of chances with the team

edit: sigh. season spiraling out of controll

edit; yep this sucks.

edit: self avatar quote

Top Bottom