• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Fox318

0DAyTAo.jpg

Chris R

Well I think that's game... If the Mariners are nice this thing will be over before I make it home from work so I won't need to watch any of this painful stuff on a TV screen!

jakncoke

Banned
Marte with a double as well now. Really good day today. and as of late really.

Man wtf 3-0 possible based loaded 1 out for Polanco and Ike takes it to 3-2 and doubles plays it

jakncoke

Banned
I had burgers over the weekend. ketchup, mustard, relish on them. Whats up?

Also, so glad Cutch and Cole will be back. Hopefully they can stop this losing swing we're on :/

aFIGurANT

Dirty Dan bitches. If STL wins this are you going to be OK, Rob? I feel like extras really favors us tonight so long as Rosenthal stays in the bully.

RGVNOE

time for Rosenthal, lets see if he can close it out

Edit: I guess not, I don't know how many more games he needs to blow for Matheny to remove him as the Closer

aFIGurANT

time for Rosenthal, lets see if he can close it out

I guess not, I don't know what more Matheny wants to see from Rosenthal to Remove him as the Closer
Ridiculous stuff. How many leads does he have to blow, like really? He has no command and is barely getting by throwing only fast balls. He's shook and batters know it.

RGVNOE

Ridiculous stuff. How many leads does he have to blow, like really? He has no command and is barely getting by throwing only fast balls. He's shook and batters know it.

Matheny is still thinking like a catcher and wants him to get on track, instead of thinking like a Manager and trying to win games by closing out with the best available guy right now which is Neshek. It's especially bad trying to to see if he can get back on track now when season is nearing the end and they're still within striking distance of the division lead.

Askani

"@KansasCityStats: #Royals are 14 games over .500 for the first time since August 9, 1994. That was one game before the strike."

Also, really Crow? A three run homer? Christ...you're gonna give me a heartattack.

Matheny is still thinking like a catcher and wants him to get on track, instead of thinking like a Manager and trying to win games by closing out with the best available guy right now which is Neshek. It's especially bad trying to to see if he can get back on track now when season is nearing the end and they're still within striking distance of the division lead.
I think most managers are reluctant to demote their closer. Remember how long it took for TLR to stop using Izzy? Franklin?

"@KansasCityStats: #Royals are 14 games over .500 for the first time since August 9, 1994. That was one game before the strike."

Also, really Crow? A three run homer? Christ...you're gonna give me a heartattack.

Yeah, I was certainly starting to squirm there for a minute.

RGVNOE

I think most managers are reluctant to demote their closer. Remember how long it took for TLR to stop using Izzy? Franklin?

It took a while, but it's still taking Matheny longer, but those guys were never that bad with command, yeah they hung some in the strike zone, but they could hit it, Rosenthal can't find the strike zone, and he's struggled with it all year

Edit: Plus both those guys were towards the end of their careers, Rosie is still early in his

It took a while, but it's still taking Matheny longer, but those guys were never that bad with command, yeah they hung some in the strike zone, but they could hit it, Rosenthal can't find the strike zone, and he's struggled with it all year

Edit: Plus both those guys were towards the end of their careers, Rosie is still early in his
I think a change is coming if Rosenthal craps the bed again in the next week or so.

aFIGurANT

I think a change is coming if Rosenthal craps the bed again in the next week or so.

I don't see why MM wouldn't just put Rosie back into more low-leverage situations for a while. Or maybe just give him the odd eighth inning on some sort of rotation where he knows he'll be pitching to the weaker part of the order. Anything to help him mentally rebound from missing the zone so much.

BFIB

I don't see why MM wouldn't just put Rosie back into more low-leverage situations for a while. Or maybe just give him the odd eighth inning on some sort of rotation where he knows he'll be pitching to the weaker part of the order. Anything to help him mentally rebound from missing the zone so much.
Problem is the number of times in a row he's used him all season. 20 something pitches last night, another 20 or so tonight.

It's just taking it's toll. Use Neshek over the next few closing spots and give Rosie's arm a break.

jakncoke

Banned
lol our 17th rounder was suspended 68 games for HGH. Interesting that the 1st failure is..

Under the rules of the new Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for Rookie and Short-Season leagues, a first violation receives a discipline of 80 games or the total number of regular-season games in the league, whichever is shorter

Didnt know this.

edit; just noticed that we are 39-25 at home and 25-36 away ffs

McNei1y

Royals are a fun team to watch. Having a hell of a summer right now.

Oh and three walk off wins in a row... It's happening.

jakncoke

Banned
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 4m
Monday marked 1st time @Braves hit back-to-back HR to open road game in 77 years! (1937 at Cubs) (via @eliassports)

motherfucker.

Fox318

Mets head out on a west coast trip where its possible they don't get a single hit in 6 games.

back to back to back to back to back to back no hitters

Top Bottom