• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

JDeluis

Laker fans aren't the bandwagoners.

I didn't mean all Laker fans are bandwagon fans. Should of used a better word, like idiot Laker fans. Yes i know Clippers have a lot of bandwagon fans. I personally love both teams equally. Why would you not root for an L.A. Team, not counting the Anaheim Angels.

Looking at Baseball Reference I just noticed that every time the Orioles finished in 1st place, they played in the ALCS (and in most cases, the World Series)*. This bodes well for the O's, considering they are already 8.5 games up on the division competition.

*Note: 1966 doesn't really count, as that was one of the last years when there were no playoff system. It was just the #1 AL team in the standings team verses the #1 NL team in the standings in The World Series.

We lost to rain!
World class grounds crew!

BvdgR7SCAAIxDBo.jpg

Saw that coming...

Carter smoked that fucker :|

had to be at least 430 feet.

Time to hit the barceló.

you didn't bring me a bottle or some cheese?

FIRE THIS WHOLE FUCKING TEAM!

so I went to the game tonight as I was given tickets for my birthday. I was sitting in the second deck in left first row and I could still hear the crack of the bat when Cater hit the ball. it traveled FAST.

I remember explaining to my girlfriend that that Altuve is a great hitter and that a walk wouldn't be the worst thing and that the other guy either strikes out a lot or hits the ball really hard. as soon as I finished saying that Carter crushed it.

also I apologize but it was my section that started the wave... in the middle of a rally in the sixth when the Yanks scored the two runs.

I think the blue jays that show up in my backyard occasionally could play better baseball than these clowns

It's pretty disheartening to realize that the 6-1 score made the game seem a lot closer than it was. The last 24 guys were retired in a row!

I love reading that the players are mad AA didn't get any reinforcements for the stretch run. The only way one player would've made a difference with this team would be if they were getting peak period Barry Bonds back in return, and even then I'm not certain he'd be all that much help.

BFIB

It seems some breaks have come the Cards way. Hope this continues, Sept. callups will be interesting to see who comes up.

RGVNOE

It seems some breaks have come the Cards way. Hope this continues, Sept. callups will be interesting to see who comes up.

I'm guessing Marco, Siegrist, and Probably Grichuk, hopefully Piscotty can come up as well, would like to see how he fares in the majors, from there I wonder who else they would bring up

HBP walk-offs perhaps the silliest way to win a game, second only to balk-offs I'd say.

Oh or getting picked off at 1st in the World Series.

Macattk15

Pax already with 3 unearned runs

Great work defense

It was largely his fault.

That and Sucre can't catch fucking pitches.

That bloop rbi single by Utley was utter bullshit luck though. Seager comes up and SMASHES a liner heading for a double down the line but shitty Howard catches it.

Baseball gods are against us today.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man, I can't believe it's been 25 years since Pete was banished from baseball. Damn I'm old. There will be an ESPN special Olbermann Presents Pete Rose: 25 Years In Exile on Monday, Aug. 25, at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN. I'm not sure that there is anything new to say but I'll watch.

Parch

Something must be wrong. The Blue Jays might actually win a game. Perhaps they don't want to make it too obvious how much they're quitters and mailing it in.

Something must be wrong. The Blue Jays might actually win a game. Perhaps they don't want to make it too obvious how much they're quitters and mailing it in.

Maybe AA promised to trade anyone who shows signs of life? The idea of playing for a non-hopeless franchise must sound awfully enticing right around now.

Top Bottom