• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Apparently the stomach virus going around the clubhouse was responsible for the weird bullpen moves.

Then aain, it's Matheny and he makes questionable moves all the time. But the moves this game were much worse than usual, even for Matheny
His typical bullpen stupidity is to stick with his trusted guys too long (whether it's a starter or reliever). So going to 3 of his worst relievers who hardly see action instead of his main guys is out of character for him enough for me to buy it. Hope they are well enough for this next series. The Cubs in spoiler mode scare me.

andycapps

Surely the Braves hitting coach is gone, that much is a foregone conclusion. But honestly, Fredi needs to go as well, and so does our pitching coach. Hell, everyone but Terry Pendleton. I wonder if Terry Pendleton would make a good hitting coach, can't be worse than Walker.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Surely the Braves hitting coach is gone, that much is a foregone conclusion. But honestly, Fredi needs to go as well, and so does our pitching coach. Hell, everyone but Terry Pendleton. I wonder if Terry Pendleton would make a good hitting coach, can't be worse than Walker.
Roger McDowell is awesome.

TP already failed as hitting coach

Talon

You are the most casual sports fan.

TP was our hitting coach and then failed miserably.

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
Schuerholz says they have not begun the process regarding the future of Fredi Gonzalez. #Braves

man. I hope this means that he is going to be gone.

BFIB

I don't see how you can can the GM, and not the manager. Especially w/ the track record the Braves have had over the past three seasons.

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin now
Bobby Cox asked if he would give Fredi a vote of confidence to return as manager: Yes, absolutely” #Braves

I just can't..... wow >_<

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
This organization will be in the trash until Cox and Schuerholz are gone forever. They don't know how to run a team in this era.

alstein

When TP was the hitting coach the Braves were ok. Got on base, but didn't hit a lot of home runs.

He'd be an upgrade, and he definitely was not a failure.

Jubs

Pretty dumb if they purge most of the coaching staff but retain Fredi. He presided over two collapses and a couple of playoff duds, the man is as much to blame as Wren is. But since he's Cox's boy, he has job security. Cox needs to detach himself from the organization, his influence is downright harmful.

Parch

Holy shit, I came from behind and beat Enigma for the NeoGAF Baseball championship, how
That was crazy. It looked like a lopsided win for Enigma but his bats do nothing and ice cream goes nuts on the weekend. Been doing Yahoo for a long time and I don't recall a 2-day turnaround like that before.

Talon

When TP was the hitting coach the Braves were ok. Got on base, but didn't hit a lot of home runs.

He'd be an upgrade, and he definitely was not a failure.
He was lambasted for the K rate for the Braves and the woeful OBP at the leadoff spot.

You have a short memory 'cause people wanted him gone.

Meh, I don't personally think hitting coaches account for much besides approach.

Andruw buckling was probably what did Terry in more than anything else.

Pendleton was the hitting coach long after Andruw was gone. He didn't get removed until Cox retired.

I remember hearing back in the day that there was a lot of tension between Wren and Cox and that they never got along, so I guess he had that working against him too. Wren also ran afoul of Fredi after 2011 when he fired Larry Parrish as the hitting coach when Fredi wanted to keep him.

andycapps

I'll admit that I've tuned out on the Braves since college football started and they started dropping as many as they have lately. And I'll just blame my TP gaffe on a bad memory, which is true. But it does ring a bell now. I do also live outside the southeast and unless I pay for MLB.TV, I don't actually see games much. I use the MLB radio options.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
uHsuHos.gif

Jubs

I look forward to another year, and perhaps several more if Cox gets his way, of Fredi's ever shifting lineup changes, terrible bullpen management, anemic personality, and listening to him mumble and stumble his way through interviews.

andycapps

I look forward to another year, and perhaps several more if Cox gets his way, of Fredi's ever shifting lineup changes, terrible bullpen management, anemic personality, and listening to him mumble and stumble his way through interviews.

Then we better hope Hart doesn't get the GM nod, he'll go along with what Cox wants. If they get a new GM in from outside, they have ultimate say on if Fredi stays or not.

And I agree. I'm not sold on Fredi, at all.

Supposedly there's been a lot of resentment towards Wren within the organzation veterans after what happened with Wren releasing Tom Glavine in 2009 right after he had just thrown 6 scoreless innings in a rehab start.

Enron

Banned
Frank needed to go, no matter what. Given the choice between fredi or frank and the other had to stay, I would dismiss Frank 10 out of 10 times.

Top Bottom