• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

I don't like it when players do a full swipe and stop going for the tag. A-Gon could've got him if he kept it going.

At least Dan got the strikeout right after.

JDeluis

Great game by Haren. Only giving up 1 run. Now let's see we can say the same about the bullpen.

Kemp seems to be be having an off night.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Are dodger games only available with one cable provider or is it just normally a premium channel people dont often pay for?

Are dodger games only available with one cable provider or is it just normally a premium channel people dont often pay for?
This year it's a new channel that Time Warner owns like the Lakers. So right now it's stuck on TWC until they're able to make a deal with other cable/satellite providers.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This year it's a new premium channel that Time Warner owns like the Lakers. So right now it's stuck on TWC until they're able to make a deal with other cable/satellite providers.

Ahhh was curious cuz Giants are on Comcast Sports Net but they are on all the providers.

its been a disaster

even vin scully can't watch the dodgers when they're on the road

no wonder he thinks they're so mediocre.. they suck at home lol

Seems some Braves have wanted Wren gone for a while:

One Braves player who asked to remain anonymous said he could tell some of the players felt relieved to simply know that the club had made a change and will now benefit from the direction of Schuerholz, Hall of Fame manager Bobby Cox and longtime executive John Hart, who will team up to find the club's next general manager.

As another anonymous veteran player took batting practice on Monday, he said he felt like there was a major disconnect between the players and Wren. At the same time, there have been cases over the past couple of years when players have complained about Wren's attempts to help them by providing unsolicited hitting tips in the video room or via text messages.

Jason Heyward openly made some cryptic comments that makes it sound like he's glad Wren's gone too.

I know good environments can be a positive thing. Baseball aside, this is a work place. It's a good thing to have people have a good working relationship with. I don't need somebody to like me. But you want to have everyone have the same common goal. We want them to understand, it's not an easy task what we're trying to do as players and coaches. I'm not telling anyone how to be a GM. But I know from playing and hearing from other guys who have been elsewhere that it is always good to have a good working environment.

JDeluis

Dodgers seem to only care about hitting home runs right now, even Gordon has four fly balls. Need to keep that ball down

Edit: geez luis Gordon. Mattingly stop changing pitchers after someone gets on base. Butera is going to end up pitching.

Doomsayer

You aren't going to win games with ~4 errors.

I don't understand why Mattingly has such loyalty to Brandon League of all people.

I half expected Gordon to throw that ball away. Sheesh.

JDeluis

Dodgers are meant to lose today so that Grienke wins tomorrow, Kershaw wins on Wednesday and they celebrate clinching and party all night and get Thursday off.

Top Bottom