• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh5890

Question, if the Cubs make it to the NLCS does Hendricks get a start? I think so. Short leash obviously but he had some good moments last night.

Mifune

Mehmber
Guys why was Tejada having foot on the bag challenged? I thought neighborhood plays could not be reviewed.

I believe the ruling was that the throw pulled him off the bag so it wasn't the neighborhood. But then of course Utley never touched second so that point should have been moot.

Question, if the Cubs make it to the NLCS does Hendricks get a start? I think so. Short leash obviously but he had some good moments last night.

If he started in the DS he'll start in the CS since that's where you usually use a 4 man rotation.

He did well last night, just maybe needs to be pulled earlier and do a "bullpen game" type thing with Wood pitching after him (since the starting lineup will be heavy LHB)

Josh5890

If he started in the DS he'll start in the CS since that's where you usually use a 4 man rotation.

He did well last night, just maybe needs to be pulled earlier and do a "bullpen game" type thing with Wood pitching after him (since the starting lineup will be heavy LHB)

I hope Jason Hammel proves his worth with a strong six innings. If he gets a 1-2-3 first inning then that could be the hump he needs to climb. Finishing in four would be cool since that saves Lester for game 1

Choomp

Banned
Guys why was Tejada having foot on the bag challenged? I thought neighborhood plays could not be reviewed.

Wasn't neighborhood. Think it came down to what happens when neither of them touches the base, since I'm pretty sure the slide was technically legal.

kcxiv

Guys, the slide is just a part of baseball.

Just like it will be just baseball when Utley or another Dodger catches a 96mph ball to their ribs.

you mean like the Cardinals did to Hanley and broke his fucking ribs a few years ago in the post season? no doubt in my mind they were throwing at our players on purpose. THis shit is no different , sucks dude got hurt, but it happens. You move on.

I hope they throw at him, mayube they will kick out the pitcher. Go ahead Mets, do something stupid, i dare you.

Exactly. These slides occur in virtually every game. Piling on one player is dumb considering that everyobe does this.

Could the MLB just alter the rule to say that the sliding player cannot make deliberate contact with the fielding player?

If you do this you might as well get rid of double plays.

Given how devastating a DP can be to an offense, making it even easier to turn them just unbalances the game in favor of the defense.

joethefoo

Wasn't neighborhood. Think it came down to what happens when neither of them touches the base, since I'm pretty sure the slide was technically legal.

The Slide is up to the judgement of the umpire. The umpire could have called interference and then Utley and Kendrick would be be called out and the inning ends with the Mets up 2-1. The umpire thought the slide was okay

If you do this you might as well get rid of double plays.

Given how devastating a DP can be to an offense, making it even easier to turn them just unbalances the game in favor of the defense.

If you remove late slides like Utley's you can get rid of the neighborhood play too.

So what's been going on here guys?

cobra_kai.jpg

Sanjuro

Wilmer is the guy. I don't think at this stage anyone is expecting a seasoned vet to join the depth chart.

Not familiar with prospects mentioned, but base running vision should be a factor here.

Wilmer is the guy. I don't think at this stage anyone is expecting a seasoned vet to join the depth chart.

Not familiar with prospects mentioned, but base running vision should be a factor here.

Reynolds is probably a better defender that Wilmer or Ruben but his bat is... bad. He's not a prospect he's 24 and a AAAA player at best.

Sanjuro

Reynolds is probably a better defender that Wilmer or Ruben but his bat is... bad. He's not a prospect he's 24 and a AAAA player at best.

You aren't really looking to bring up top prospects right now though. In some cases maybe, probably wouldn't now. If Mets advance re-evaluate roster.

thefro

I hope Jason Hammel proves his worth with a strong six innings. If he gets a 1-2-3 first inning then that could be the hump he needs to climb. Finishing in four would be cool since that saves Lester for game 1

No matter what happens, game 1 of the NLCS isn't until Saturday, so Arrieta would start on normal rest if the Cubs make it that far. Lester would be game 2 if the Cubs win the next two.

That also preserves the option of starting Arrieta on short rest in Game 4 and Lester on short rest in Game 5 (and Arrieta again in Game 7), if that's needed in the NLCS.

Cormano

This is silly, the Royals game only available through the MLBN channel...

I guess i'll have to find an alternative somewhere.

Line_HTX

Finally a home playoff game!

Today's home playoff game was supposed to be a Taylor Swift concert, but she was kind enough to move it up to the 9th of last month while the Astros were in Oakland.

She did NOT curse us with the obscure 1989 Astros season facts. Yay~

Taking Houston for +105 on the run line. Royals have hit Keuchel well but I think he'll be solid today, scattering the occasional hit but very rarely pitching with RISP. Astros offense should erupt against the consistently awful Edison Volquez.

If Jays win today do they start Price next game or Dicky? And then Stro in game 5? I know it is thinking way ahead but saw Gibby say this was a possibility if they won tonight.

Not sure. Dicky has pitched well and deserves a start. But also gotta like the chances Price comes out and pitches his ass off in game 4 after what he failed to do in game 1.

Gonna be interesting if they can win tonight. Bullpen is fucked though. Won't be an unclenched asshole in Toronto for the rest of the playoffs until the 27th out no matter the lead with this bullpen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom