• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utley shouldn't have been suspended unless the rule had been changed this season.

If Tejada had only been shaken up a bit, no way there would be a suspension. This is purely a reactionary move to head off criticism from people who never watched baseball before the mid 2000s.

Raziel

Did anyone see that montage of takeout slides from the last week alone during the Rangers /jays game? Here I thought utley going after the infielder instead of the base was the first play of its kind, but turns out it's actually quite common!

That's why you pay Tulo 20 million a year. What a play.

An inning for Price just lessens what he can do tomorrow or game 4. Do what you need to do to survive tonight.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hmm. I really want him rested for tomorrow. Would be a shame if they have to use him up now.

Tulo with a solid play. Ton of traffic in front of him.

Gotta get to tomorrow first though.

With Cecil out we really don't have much options. But I think there aren't any more lefties up until Fielder so about 2-3 right handers up?

Also, statistically speaking, it seems pitchers who go on 3 days of rest do fine.
Below, you’ll see statistics for two groups, in postseason play between 1995-2013. The first group is starters who went on three days’ rest. The second group is starters who didn’t. Understand that the first group should be selective for better arms, because you don’t put mediocre starters on short rest in October, or ever. Typically, it’s aces who go on three days’ rest, and the numbers are telling:

Short-rest group: 4.66 ERA, 5.13 RA
Other group: 3.99 ERA, 4.30 RA

On short rest, starters have faced fewer batters, on average. They’ve posted worse game scores, on average. And — maybe most importantly — teams with starters going on short rest have won 33 times and lost 52 times. Now, maybe these teams are worse, which is why they’re starting guys on short rest in the first place, but they’ve by and large given the ball to their aces, and the aces haven’t delivered like usual.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/instagraphs/its-clayton-kershaw-on-short-rest-again/

A year old but the stats for short rest starts in the playoffs should still be very similar, if not the same.

Montresor

2 more innings...

So did I hear the commentators correctly? Cecil is ineligible to play for Toronto until the World Series, even if he becomes healed before then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom