• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Really didn't want this to go to game 5. Kershaw was on tonight though so the odds were against us there.

Next two days are gonna be anxious as fuck.

Choomp

Banned
Check the last page. It seems like its Happening.

Twilight Princess HD with GameCube controls on a Wii U Gamepad sounds magnificent.

Twilight was alright, but I don't know if I'd replay it. I hope the Mario Galaxy rumor is true, what'd even be better was some sort of HD collection for Wii U. Those games will have sex equivalent graphics in HD.

prag16

Banned
deGrom better show up with his A+ game Thursday. (Having somebody actually hit the ball would probably help too.) Shit. REALLY wanted to close this out tonight. That one damn inning. Hanging breaking ball to the pitcher, then two more weak hits to set the table for ex-Met reject Turner. Goddammit.

deGrom better show up with his A+ game Thursday. (Having somebody actually hit the ball would probably help too.) Shit. REALLY wanted to close this out tonight. That one damn inning. Hanging breaking ball to the pitcher, then two more weak hits to set the table for ex-Met reject Turner. Goddammit.

Cespedes needs to redeem himself after tonight

Twilight was alright, but I don't know if I'd replay it. I hope the Mario Galaxy rumor is true, what'd even be better was some sort of HD collection for Wii U. Those games will have sex equivalent graphics in HD.

I'd stab a bitch for HD Super Mario Galaxy.

Or Mario Sunshine.

I take it you come around L.A. Much. So many of them

yeah, there are a shitload of dodgers/49ers fans in LA. i see niners flags/stickers every day on cars it seems but i'm sure that will trail off rapidly as people now realize we are raw garbage thanks to stupid ass jed york. what a truly dumb motherfucker

minx

What an absolute amazing Cubs game to be at. Cubs have won all 10 games I have been to in the last two years. Someone start a gofundme for NLCS tickets!

What an absolute amazing Cubs game to be at. Cuba have won all 10 games I have been to in the last two years. Someone start a gofundme for NLCS tickets!

when i went to chicago last year i went to a cubs game. really loved the stadium and experience. happy to see cubs fans see some success again

Gotta think Cubs are a favorite to at least get to the WS. Don't see either the Mets or Dodgers as particularly threatening - Cubs are probably the best team in the NL (given health/current circumstances)

AL seems weak, too. Cubs/Jays would be a whole lot of dingers though

prag16

Banned
Gotta think Cubs are a favorite to at least get to the WS. Don't see either the Mets or Dodgers as particularly threatening - Cubs are probably the best team in the NL (given health/current circumstances)

Cubs won't have home field and don't have pitching to match the Mets or Dodgers. They're gonna need tons of dongs to be fair, they may very well get them).

Up to 4 games of Kershaw/Greinke or up to 7 of the Mets big four isn't exactly a cakewalk.

It'll be exciting regardless. But fuck it. If the Mets lost I'll be drowning in butthurt and boycott the rest of the playoffs. :(

zychi

Banned
Cubs won't have home field and don't have pitching to match the Mets or Dodgers. They're gonna need tons of dongs to be fair, they may very well get them).

Up to 4 games of Kershaw/Greinke or up to 7 of the Mets big four isn't exactly a cakewalk.

It'll be exciting regardless. But fuck it. If the Mets lost I'll be drowning in butthurt and boycott the rest of the playoffs. :(
That was the argument against Stl fyi

Dodgers need to get 4 nearly perfect starts from Kershaw/Grienke to have any shot in hell as the rest of their pitching blows. I like the Mets SP depth a little better against Chicago's mashers. It'd be a fun series either way.

Yeah, I mean as a Dodgers fan I think the Cubs win the NL. The Dodgers literally need to win every series off of Kershaw and Greinke. Dodgers offense is poor and their bullpen is shaky as fuck.

shocky2002

Neo Member
I'd love it both got the HD remaster treatment.

Oh man, the Jays' game is only about 18.5 hours away. I'm so nervous.

I'd be a lot more confident if Gibby started David Price in game 5, you know, the best pitcher in the American League by FIP-WAR. Instead, he made a decision based on ONE game where David got hit hard.

Still, Stroman is a 64% favorite tomorrow.

zychi

Banned
I get that it just doesn't work though. You can't force the chemistry Kenny, Ernie and Chuck have. The only entertaining guy on TBS is Pedro.
The tbs/fs1 guys are bad, but better than espn or fox announcers. I wish mlb would let the local guys do tv at the same time. I miss len and jd, tho len hs been doing the radio shows i guess

Novoitus

Banned
the very few White Sox fans are very mad at the Cubs success. I guess it feels bad when your team that has 2 fans sees a team with millions of fans succeed

kcxiv

You're the worst.

Growing up things were simple...Niners/Giants vs Rams/Dodgers.

Rams had to move and screw things up.

You're a Rams guy in my head now. :(

Used to be me right there. Dodgers/Rams, then the Rams fled L.A. I watched this one kid (i was younger at the time) OLB for Alabama named Derrick Thomas, chiefs drafted him. loved the way he played, so ended up a Chiefs fan because of D.T and Christian Okoye. Probably worst mistake i have made, but im sticking with the Chiefs. lol

Dodgers/Colts here.

A Colts game was the first NFL game I remember watching. I liked their logo and color scheme, and they actually won the game. Of course, little did I know that they were a shitty perennial 4-12 type of team at the time.

That love was solidified in the highs and lows of the Captain Comeback season. Such joy, such heartbreak in that postseason.

bebop242

Not sure who I'd rather face between Dodgers and Mets

I was pulling for the Mets to win last night purely for the fact that they would also have 3 days off. Kinda worried whoever wins Thursday will be playing on a high come Sat.

Now I don't care, I learned from 2003 to not root to play a certain team (rooted for Marlins to beat Giants in their NLDS.)

minx

Nah, the Cardinals "ace" for the playoffs was John Lackey, so not really comparable to deGrom or Kershaw (or Greinke, or Syndergaard too probably)

Still think the Cubs take it easily, unless Arrieta is gassed

Arrieta likely won't pitch until Sunday as Lester will pitch Sat with 7 days rest which gives Arrieta 5 days rest. It's the Dodgers/Mets Aces who will have short rest.

thefro

Check the stats on Fangraphs. Cubs pitching compares very well with both teams.

Lester and Hendricks are very underrated as pitchers this season.

Praying to the baseball gods that Stroman throws a gem today and the offence continues to wake.

Stroman has been a near gem since he returned.

I almost think he's due for a bad outing.

It's going to be frustrating if the Jays lose since they could have been advancing if they simply had their shit together during the first two games.

Arrieta likely won't pitch until Sunday as Lester will pitch Sat with 7 days rest which gives Arrieta 5 days rest. It's the Dodgers/Mets Aces who will have short rest.

Nothing to do with how much rest he has. He's pitched like 70 more innings than his previous career high. Not out of the question for the load to be too much for him

Not that you don't start him because of that - you clearly do until he can't pitch anymore, but i think it's a noninsignificant issue

Stroman has been a near gem since he returned.

I almost think he's due for a bad outing.

It's going to be frustrating if the Jays lose since they could have been advancing if they simply had their shit together during the first two games.

Agreed, but he's going to be aces.

BFIB

The sky is falling in St. Louis today. Everyone on radio blasting our performance.

For what the Cards had to deal with this year, I give Matheny a lot of credit. Cards need to shore up offense though, but power outages are everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom